Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Commitment, Scheduling, Diligence

I am learning so much through Tricia's blog. In the last few post, she is pretty much talking about commitment, scheduling and diligence in what you do. For me, it's writing. I am praying and seeking God daily for direction, but I find that there are some adjustments that I need to make.

First, I really want to point out that this book is not just some sort of goal that I want to achieve. This book means more to me than that. This is something special and unique that the Lord has given me specific instructions with. I had to repent because I really was not doing things in excellence. The writing is going great, but, my methods have been off balance. I haven't been eating right, I haven't been getting enough rest, which means I haven't been taking very good care of myself. I also have not been as professional as I'd like to be. I realize that I need change my habits, so, what I've decided to do was use Google's calender to keep myself sharp. I found this is one way to really help me stay accountable to myself. I'm going to utilize this tool and make it work for me.

I'm also going to stick with it; sleep at night instead of writing at 2am. I'm going to work out in the mornings and pray to get my day started. I'm also going to be committed to this. It won't be easy, but, one thing I've realized is that I can't use my 6 month old as an excuse. I'm sure other writers have children too!


Please pray with me as I continue on with this journey.

So far, I'm up to chapter 5 and am almost at 30,000 words!

Sincerely,
Kennisha

No comments: