Friday, February 22, 2008

Lots to do, but I'm not stressed!

So, I figure if I speak positive, I'll eliminate the negative feelings I may have about this process.

On "My Writing Mentor's" blog, she put information from Rachelle Gardner's blog. Rachelle is a Literary Agent.

What is a platform?

Your platform refers to the means by which YOU will help sell your book by your presence in the media and/or the public sphere, or at least within the audience you hope to reach with your book.In non-fiction, publishers want to see what the author is already doing to get their message out there—before the book is published or even contracted. In fiction, they want to see that you know what it will take to begin building a platform once your book is contracted, and that you will be an active participant in the marketing of your book. You tell them this in your proposal.

So, much to do! Where do I begin?

One of the things I know to continue doing is focusing on the book- my manuscript. So, let me update you all on that.

Currently, I am on chapter 9 and hopefully by tonight I will be done with that. I'm actually reaching a funny part of the book because Kyla is discovering that she's still dealing with baggage from previous relationships and unfortunately is taking it out on Kameron. This will be funny; especially considering some of us may have gone through that ourselves. I'll try not to give away too much of the book because I want you to get it and read it! I am more than sure you'll enjoy it though.


Aside from writing, I'm currently looking into other organizations I can join to meet and network with other writers.

I've decided to join the Writers Digest Book Club. I have some very helpful books coming to me that will help strengthen me in some areas as a writer.

I'm also considering joining a few clubs here in the Dallas area and possibly get to a conference this year.

So, there is lots to do if I want to be successful in this field as a writer.

One thing I hold on to is the scripture that says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength". So, I'm holding on to that word!

There's lots to do, but I'm not stressed!


Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Chantae Cann said...

I LOVE YOU GIRL! I am so happy for you and proud of you. If anyone can do this I know you can. I can't wait to see you on the "book awards" ...lol or whatever they have, u know..lol n e ways love you always!

..::Chantae Cann:.