Wednesday, February 13, 2008

So close that I can touch it...

Update:

Unfortunately, I received a "We'll Pass" email from the first Literary Agent I sent a query letter to. Yes, I was a bit down about it. Naturally, I was hoping for a "Yes, we'd love to work with you and publish your book". But, in this author-book-writing business, I see that it doesn't quite work that way.

I'm actually Ok with that and am moving on. I see I need to do more research and sharpen my skills more as a writer. I didn't take it too personally. I just took it for what it was- they weren't looking to publish that (my) sort of book. But, one of my favorite sayings are, "It's all good!"


Have you ever felt like you were "this close" to something but yet you have a long ways to go before you reach it? Well, this is exactly how I feel right about now when it comes to this book.

I'm working really hard at times to get this final manuscript together. I have so many unanswered questions that I am trying to ignore and just "write". It's a bit challenging to do so considering I'm actually dedicated to it. It would be a lot easier if I just said I was writing a book and not really very committed to it. But, because I am, and I truly believe God told me to do it, I am putting my all into it and really do desire for it to done professional and in excellence.

So, last night I have this dream that the book is finished. I saw the book cover (well, at least the color of the book cover) and I had close to 300 pages. It was a pretty descent size and looked really nice. I think I was at a book release party. Well, needless to say, I can definitely taste it- the end results- yet I know I have a ways to do until it's done.

Currently I'm on Chapter 8. It's going great- I won't share much more about the story line, because I'd like to keep the suspense there. But, it's really going wonderfully. In fact, I believe God has given me another book to write and I'm trying not to get too excited about that one until this one is finished.

So, I'm just going to keep on writing. For Valentines day, my hubby is getting me a new laptop- so I look forward to going to Barnes and Nobel's to do some writing there really soon! That'll be my writing spot!

Well, I'm more than halfway done with this book... YAY!

Stay Tuned...

No comments: