Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First Writers Meeting a Success!

Greetings lurkers, supporters and friends!

I hope you all are having a great day so far. Me? Well, Of Course!

Monday night I FINALLY was able to make it to my first meeting! It was the Rockwall Christian Writers Group http://www.rcwg.blogspot.com/ that meets once a month at Lakepoint Church in Rockwall.

It was such a pleasure to be there with others who have such a passion to write, as I do. How Lovely!

I met very sweet people. It was awesome because we all critiqued each other's work- well, I mostly gave great comments because I'm no editor- at least, not now because I have much to learn.

I presented a few pages of chapter one and was SO nervous about letting someone else read my work out loud. Apparently I was nervous for no reason because people really enjoyed what I wrote- and the best part about it is the awesome advice!

So far as a writer, I know I have so much to learn. I'm truly thinking about enrolling in the Christian Writers Guild- I'm sure I'll benefit greatly from it.

This is some of the feedback I've gotten:

1) I need to write either in past or present tense- I guess I seem to say "she was" and then say "she is" in the same paragraph! I really need to go back and redo lots of that. I guess it's a simple mistake, but I've got to practice better writing technique so I won't confuse my readers!

2) Other technical things need to be adjusted- in my case, learned! I didn't know certain "little things".

I'll just stop there.

So, as you all can see- I'm Human! But, I've got lots to learn in this writing adventure.

I think I am going to practice more writing/freelancing.

I'm working on a short story for a christian mag right now so hopefully and prayerfully something great comes from that!

Well, that's all I've got today!

Prayer and Blessings,
Kennisha

Stay Tuned....

No comments: