Friday, April 11, 2008

"How Great is Our God" by Louie Gigilo

The Brisk wind swept across my face, as I stood outside in awe of His mighty creation.Something in my spirit-man compelled me to stand outside and just worship God in the slendor of his Holiness. I'd gaze at his awesomenes, with tears in my eyes and sing "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord", it looked like He smiled at me with His crescent moon that was shininy brighter than ever that night.



As I continued to sing, I noticed 3 bright stars that seemed to almost equal the brightness of the moon. There they stood in direct order. Almost in fear of how beautiful things were, I began to feel even more overwhelmed and one tear began to fall from my eyes. Suddenly, like a rocket shooting across the sky, the top star flew. In complete awe, I gasped and then trembled in fear. I was shocked. "Lord, if this is you doing this to make me smile, please do it again."

Barely 5 minutes passed by before the 2nd star did the exact same thing. I was blown away at God's funny sense of humor. I began to worship him even more and bow before Him in admiration. There I stood... little ol' me before a Great Big God- the Real God and he thought enough of me to make me smile in such a way. My heart melted and I grew more in love with Him.

I believe God knew if the 3rd star did the same, I may have passed out...so to prevent such dramatic performance, he stopped at star number 2. =)

I knew I wasn't crazy. I'd hear people say they thought I was crazy for being so intuned with God's creation. But, the other night at Wednesday night church service, Pastor Hill showed us a video called "How Great is Our God". Louie Gigilo presented information on our amazing solar system and how Astronomers are finding different plants, stars and galaxy's. He gave the most interesting facts that I've never heard of before. A few I don't remember, but two really stands out BIG TIME to me.

The First Fascination: The Black Hole

(Excerpt from Science Clarified)

A black hole, among the most mysterious elements in the universe, is all that remains of a massive star that has used up its nuclear fuel. Lacking energy to combat the force of its own gravity, the star compresses or shrinks in size to a single point, called a singularity. At this point, pressure and density are infinite. Any object or even light that gets too close to a black hole is pulled in, stretched to infinity, and trapped forever. Black holes, so named by American physicist John Wheeler in 1969, are impossible to see, but may account for 90 percent of the content of the universe.

You can view the entire article here.
Above is the scientific definition. But, in the video from Louie Gigilo, he showed us this picture of a black hole.



(From Science Clarified) An image of the core of the Whirlpool galaxy M51 (NGC 5149) taken by the Hubble Space Telescope. It shows an immense ring of dust and gas that is thought to surround and hide a giant black hole in the center of the galaxy. (Reproduced by permission of National Aeronautics and Space Administration.)

Now, this sure does look like God perfectly placed his stamp of perfection on that! It's mighty funny how it looks like a cross in the middle of that black hole.

I did a little bit more research and found a picture explaining why it looks like a cross through our telescopes.

According to space.com, a black hole in an active galaxy is surrounded by a torus, a donut-shaped disk of gas and dust that hides the inner region, as seen in this artist's rendering.

As the black hole consumes some of the material, it also superheats some and shoots it out along the galaxy's axis of rotation, in two jets of matter shown here in light blue. (You can view this entire article here.
Incredible, isn't it? This question still boggles my mind: With Scientist finding these facts, how in the world can they deny Jesus Christ? How in the World can people like "Oprah" say that Jesus can't possibly be the only way.. How in the World can people ignore God and think they are of their own consciousness?

God, in all of his power and might, not only created the galaxy's and stars, which is magnificant on its own, but he created our bodies in the most unique way.

The Second Fascination: Laminin

When Louie began to talk about the human body, I can feel my emotions began to run wild. The two things that completely blew my mind away about God are the very subjects he began to touch on.

Our bodies are so amazingly unique that God created us all with different genes, cells, molecules. Louie explained how awesome it is that one single sperm survived and found its way to an egg that then formed exactly who we are. We're talking about X and Y Chromosomes... the things that determine if we are male or female and then genes and then all sorts of other fascinating facts about our development while in the womb. Amazingly Incredible!

I got emotional just thinking about how awesome it is that I was pregnant with my son and how I remember seeing each ultrasound photo and looking at how he grew in my womb; from the first 6 week visit seeing his heart beat, all the way to delivery- Only God can create such awesomness.

But wait... there's more! Louie spoke with a Microbiologist who then asked him what his big finish was going to be; the end of his lecture. He told him he must go home and google "Laminin". He told him that Laminin is a molecule in our cells that holds our bodies together. He rushed home and googled Laminin only to find this:



This very molecular structure is what's holding our bodies together. Are you kidding me, isn't that just amazing!!!!????

Another classic example of how God has his stamp of perfection on everything! The scripture reference that's perfect is Colossians 1:17 ... in Him all things hold together!

Videos:


This is Louie Gigilo talking about Laminin


This has brought me more to my knees and closer to the Lord my God at just his Awesomness and Power. We serve a very BIG God and a very Powerful God. He has put his stamp...His mark... on everything and continues to show us how only through Jesus can we be saved. I'm so Glad I know Him! Do you?

If you'd like to purchase "How Great is Our God" please click here.



You know, more and more the Lord is allowing us to see his print and signature on things. To some people it's evident that God is real by just looking at the trees... others feel they need more scientific proof. To those people, I can't see how they can't look at those things I just mentioned and not believe.

God is awesome! I pray this inspires you to worship the Lord even more so for being SO Great!

3 comments:

KERRYBILL said...

Maybe that mysterious cutter, which cuts the eye lid on us at six mouths in the womb, which enables us to see, is now cutting the eye lid(GOD GIVEN TECHNOLEDGY) of all humanity.the truth will allow you to see.AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I first saw the dvd about a year ago. It's so amazing that God cares about each and every one of us so much that He'd make those stars shoot off. It's amazing that He knows all about us, every little thing we do, and still loves us! It's hard to grasp how big he is, and the changes He can make in one person's life! X

EiSeNheiM said...

wow...what a blessing and humourous is our God. I was just typing in GalaxyS on my chrome browser because I wanted to find information about the new Samsung phone and it lead me to your blog! haha

thanks for sharing your awesome story sister! God loves you more than the Universe.