Monday, May 19, 2008

Examine me, Lord.



Psalms 26: 2-3
2)Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; Try my mind and my heart. 3) For your lovingkindness is before my eyes, And I have walked in Your truth.

I imagine David kneeling before the Lord with a weeping heart; begging God to show him his errors so they can be fixed. He wants to be right with Him- without a single wrinkle getting in the way of perfection for his Lord.

It didn't take long for me to find this particular passage. Naturally, when you are seeking God for something, he's bound to show it to you. You know the famous "Ask and you shallllll recieve" scripture everyone seems to know? The question is, do you ever hear of anyone asking God to show them their errors?

This has been a prayer of mine lately. "Lord purge my heart; cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Make me pure and holy before your sight. Touch my heart and my mind". Coincidentally in Psalms, David is asking God to "Try my mind and my heart".

My thing is, there is so much going on and I truly believe Jesus is coming back sooner than what we think. So, I'm staying in His will and trying to be without spot or blemish so I can join the army!

So, what happens when you pray a prayer like that?

Well, don't be surprised if God really begins to show you Yourself. God is showing me things that I thought were "ok" that obviously needed to be taken care of. Personal things I won't share, but things that would only make my life better as I seek to serve Him.

When these things are revealed to you, denounce them and move forward in your walk. There's no need for pity parties or to be soaking about things. Let them go and act like they never existed. This can be challenging. The key is when you trust that it's God who's shaping and molding you- things can't help but be alright once it's all said and done.

God loves you and wants you to be ok. Trust that!

1 comment:

Rhonda McKnight said...

So true. I don't think people can truly grow spiritually with self-examination. All the Bible reading and church in the world won't change our hearts until we're receptive to the fact that we're broken.