Tuesday, June 24, 2008

FINALLY!

If you're a writer, I'm sure you will understand my currently writing experience. It took me almost THREE MONTHS to do my first four chapter revision. It was important that I finished my changes before I start editing them- to be sent off in a Book Proposal. Since I don't think I'll be able to get an editor (I just don't have the finances to invest and pay for one) my husband and I, along with other friends will read and critique it for me. So, I'm just going to pray and do the best I can with these first four chapters and synopsis. Hey, if it's meant to be- it will be. If not, then God's will be done.


The reason I did my first four chapters over is because I had a change to the story. I added some new things that I am extremely excited about. I think it makes it more interesting- a few twist here and there. Kyla is really a mean one- so get ready to really dislike her..at least for a little while in the book.

Now that I am done with the beginning, I can jump back to chapter 12 and continue on. I'm assuming I'll have about 15 chapters in here- close to 65000 words or so. So, I really appreciate it if you can say a prayer or two for me. Last weekend I was able to get a lot of work done. I'm hoping to finish this thing by the end of July or August. I will send my Book Proposal out before our family reunion- the weekend of July 27 (my husband's birthday).

I just thought I would update you all.

Does anyone know of a good place I can make a fake book cover? I have a sudden thirst for creativity and Microsoft word is not cutting it!


Blessings,
Kennisha

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

How exciting! I know you're relieved. I had a great weekend. Met with 3 publishers and one agent. All asked for my proposal, so I'm flying high with the prospect. I have so much to write about it, but don't want to do so on my blog. If you have any questions about proposals, etc., I'll try and help. I learned so much this past weekend.

peace~elaine