Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Taking a minute to breathe!

Proverbs 12:25
25 An anxious heart weighs a man down,
but a kind word cheers him up.


Yeah right, like it's not normal to feel a little anxious at times. This seems to be a typical thought that'll run through my mind. Often, the Holy Spirit quickly convicts me and I repent- before trying my best to adhere to his word.

Ever get those scary heart flutters? Like, when your heart feels like it's speeding up at maximum speed, only to possibly come to an abrupt stop? You do? Well, that's exactly what Anxiety will bring you to. Death.


What are we worried about? Often it's the unknown. Most times we can be afraid to take chances or afraid of the next level in life. Some times, it's the simple things that can drive us nuts. Personally, I can get anxious about publication. Although I know one way or another my book(s) will get published, still, the gap between now and then can be overwhelming. I thank God for a husband who brings peace into my life.

Peace. Yes, Lord... we need it.

Isaiah 26:3
3 You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.


It's amazing how many of us may know this scripture. But what about the one following it..

Isaiah 26:4
4 Trust in the LORD forever,
for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.


Desire peace? Desire Rest? I know I do. The only way to get to it, is to completely put our trust in God that His will will be done in our lives.

There are many medical journals that state the obvious: Stress and Anxiety is not good for our health. According to Emedicinehealth.com, Generalized anxiety disorder: excessive, unrealistic, and difficult to control worry over a period of at least six months. It's associated with three of the following:

* Restlessness

* Easily tired

* Trouble concentrating

* Irritability

* Muscle tension

* Sleep problems

God knows I've dealt with just about all of those symptoms, until I asked the Lord to take away the anxiety and help me to put my trust in him.

Short Brief Testimony:
I believe the Lord has healed me from this slight heart condition, but I was diagnosed with MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) when I was 18 years old. It's when the Mitral Valve in my heart doesn't open and close like it's supposed to. The symptoms were "panic attacks", which were often brought on due to stress. I was doing so much at the time- I wasn't taking care of myself, eating right or sleeping well. I went to the doc, they found a physical issue and told me how common it was. Then, he said not to worry, but to relax. Worrying seems to make matters worst! Stressful relationships and stressful life circumstances tried to get the best of me, but I decided to let it go, take better care of myself and trust God with my life.

Thankfully, for years now I haven't had a problem! To God be the Glory! I hold tight to God's word.

Matthew 6:25-17
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

And

Matthew 6:33-34
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


Those of us on the road to publication, don't worry. Trust that God has in hand on your projects and will help you get through the what seems like redundant phase of publication. No matter how many rejections, God will never reject you and he sees your heart and your desire to serve him! To God be the Glory!


Lord, as we press on in this journey to publication, give us the strength to endure and the peace that surpasses all understanding. Strengthen us and give us the words to say. Let your will be done, and while help us take better care of ourselves in the process! Let your word be a lamp into our feet and a light unto our path!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

Blessings,
Kennisha

No comments: