Monday, September 22, 2008

From the Womb, to the Heavens



For you created by inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. Psalms 139:13



It was always harder to share the news to my husband. Seeing the look of hope stolen from him weighed heavy on my heart. But, I was strong. My vulnerability to God allowed for certain strength before man. My heart was broken, yet, I took the news fairly well, considering this was my third time hearing the word miscarriage and my name in the same sentence. “I’m sorry, Kennisha, it sounds like another miscarriage”, my doctor says. Immediately after I hung up the phone, I looked at my husband who was holding our son and dreaded sharing the news. Then, I shared the news. He was strong before my eyes, but I could see the drenching rain fall on his perfect day, as he bowed his head seemingly to escape for a moment....

You can read this article here.



Blessings,
Kennisha

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinnesha,

I love your blog, and I know that it is truly inspired by the Holy Spirit. I know that you are such a blessing to so many women. I pray that your book, this blog, and all your writings will be read by millions of women across the globe. I love you and thank you so much for sharing this blog with me, and your heart to so many people. God bless you!

Love,
Britnee

P.S. I hope you have emailed this to Mrs. Emilia. I know she would love it.

Nedra said...

Kennisha and Kellus, you're in my prayers today. Keep the faith.

Scott & Piper said...

Nisha,
Girl you do it every time. You inspire me to have strength. Your faith is so strong and your peace with this is such a testament for your trust and love in Christ. I am so blessed to have met you and have you in my life.
I love you sister.
Piper

Aleysha Smith said...

You're the most inspiring woman I know, Kennisha. I pray that God continues to bless you, Kellus and little Kellus. I also like the advice you gave for people who want to comfort someone who's dealt with this situation. Oftentimes, I find myself wondering what to say, what not o say and so on. Awesome blog!

LynnSC said...

Hi Kennesha,
I am quite moved by this post. I, too, have heard these same words... twice in my lifetime. God started a great work in me with my first one... and it was quite evident at my last one all the work He had done. This enormous pain and empty feeling is what sent me to the Lord for the first time in my life. I knew that only the God of creation could bring me peace in this painful situation. As He wooed me and drew me... I realized my great need for Him. It has been an awesome journey. It has been about 19 years since my first one... and God has given me opportunity after opportunity to use my past pain to minister and comfort others going through the same thing. Your advise was right on target. I found that the only thing that people could say that made one little bit of difference to me was... "I am so sorry". There were so many other "things" that people said... but they were just empty words... I know that they meant well... but they just didn't touch the pain in my soul.

I am sorry for your loss. I don't really know how long ago this actually was... since I cannot seem to find a date on your post. But know that I love you... I feel your pain... and I will lift you and your family up in prayer.

Love in Christ,
Lynn