Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Writing Updates





Hi Friends. I pray you're having a wonderful week.

Well, inspite of my traumatic weekend (read post below for info), I am standing firm on the word and am moving forward. I was sharing with my husband that it takes a lot to get me into a depressed state. Yep, I've been there before. But this time around, I'm going to trust God with things in my life and not grow weary. God is in control and that's the way the cookie crumbles. So, I had an unusual burst of energy yesterday- and what other way to use it than to write!

Yesterday I finally tweeked my query enough to start sending it out to various publishers/lit. agents. Is it perfect? Well, it's the best I can do right now. I've had other eyes behold it and share their thoughts, etc. So, I'm just going to go with what I know and send this baby off. And, I did. I queried five publishers/agents yesterday. I feel great, have high hopes etc.. but I'm mostly hoping to gain lots of wisdom along this process.

On many other writers blogs, "rejection" seems to be a hot topic. It's almost as if I need to prepare for rejection with maybe a 5% of hope in there for a miracle. How am I approaching it? Well, I'll put it to you like this, it's in God's hands and I am not going to fret. If I get personal rejections letters, explaining why it was rejected, I'll simply take that knowledge and apply it. I love to learn, so it won't make me no mind (sorry, I had to get southern for a moment).

Anyway, that's what I'm about- forward movement.

So, the rest of this week I'll devote to getting started on my next book, continue querying (I love the WritersMarket), write my Woman of the Word series (You'll enjoy the next lady) and write an article to submit.

I'm pretty serious about my writing goals this term.

God's will be done in all things!


Blessings,
Kennisha

No comments: