Friday, November 21, 2008

First Trimester: My Developmental Revelation



Nausea. Fatigue. Sleeplessness. Constipation. Come on ladies, I can go on. If you haven't experienced any of these symptoms during your first trimester- God Bless You! Personally, the first trimester has always given me the blues- in all four of my pregnancies. That hasn't changed for this fifth one.

So far, it's hard to eat things because of a nasty taste that likes to linger. When I do eat, if it's too much, oh yeah, I'm a mess. When I don't eat enough, I'm really a hot mess. There are so many changes that take place in this very crucial stage of development. Although the baby will have a lifetime to grow and develop and as my mother says, "We never stop growing", the first trimester in the womb starts it all.

Tonight I had the same revelation about our walks with Christ.

When we come to him, we are baby's. We are broken. We were forgiven, but now we are growing in a new life. I believe the very beginning of our walks with God are very crucial to our development.

Just as in pregnancy, the first trimester is very challenging. Similarly as a baby in Christ, challenges are waiting. We are faced with trials that test our faith. Our enemy waits to test us and see if we are true to our hearts in living for the Lord. Old habits we pray to be delivered from. We turn away from old ways and pursue righteousness and holy living (or we should).

The first trimester in our walk with God should be handled very carefully. We should be in the right company and under the right leadership. If not, we can easily be steered into the wrong direction. We should be under teaching that will teach us the right way to live, according to scripture. We should be in the right company that will inspire us to live for God in purity.

I believe if we take as much care of ourselves spiritually, we will grow up well into adulthood as believers. The same care that a mother has for her baby should be the same care that we have for our spiritual lives.

What can I do?

If you are mature in the Lord, pray that God would send people your way to encourage in their walks. Be a light and an example. Help train others in the word so they can grow. You never know how you can inspire and encourage someone in the faith. Let's help them as they begin a new journey in their lives- the best ever in the World and for their Eternity!

(1 Peter 4:12-13)
12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you:
13But rejoice, inasmuch as you are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, you may be glad also with exceeding joy.


(2Cor 5:17)
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.




Thanks for stopping by today. I pray you're encouraged in the Lord.

Blessings,
Kennisha

3 comments:

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
Even when we are mature in Christ, we need someone to encourage us from time to time. I know I do.

Kennisha Hill said...

Thanks for your comment Cecilia! I completely agree. I need it quite often!

Have a blessed weekend,
Kennisha

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. May God's abiding love and presence be your portion as you walk through these days of change and growth.

peace~elaine
PS: Hope you're able to enjoy the tastes of Turkey day!