Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Wedding Story

By the grace of God, on tomorrow, my husband and I will be celebrating our 3rd year Wedding Anniversary! I can't begin to share with you how excited I am and blessed that the Lord saw us through another year. We will celebrate the best we can- with my inability to really get out like I'd like to. But with a small candle-lit dinner on the balcony, I hope to reflect with him the greatest moments of this year.

Our Wedding Story



Many people don't know this, but my husband and I met online. It was not through a dating service. We didn't intentionally say to ourselves that we were going to find somebody online. This is the way the Lord brought us together.

I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for a few years and the Lord told me, via many confirmations, that I need to move back to New Orleans. In obedience, I did. I lived with my parents, which was a challenge and really another blog for another day. But while I was there, I saught God. I needed to get back with Him... I needed restoration. It wasn't easy for me because all of my friends were married and I was the only single one there. So, the Lord told me to get busy. That's exactly what I did. I got to work, I got in school, I took up ballet dancing again, and I got involved in my church. I was so busy, I didn't have time nor the energy to look for a man. I decided that God was going to bring him to me and based on previous relationships, I'm not the best at finding men relationships anyway. I trusted God.

Shortly after I moved back to N.O, someone broke into my car and stole all of my cds. I was hurt. I already threw away my secular cd's. All I had was Gospel. Well, I decided to post what happened on a Christian website and ask people to pray for me. My husband and I both were faithful posters on this website. Well, he wrote a message back to me regarding my situation. His replies were like a breath of fresh air. We continued to chat. Emails turns into phone calls and the mystery of "who is this person" really begin to spark our interest. We decided to meet each other.

He lived in Dallas and I in New Orleans and I KNEW I wasn't going to drive to Dallas. He had to pursue me. And he did. He drove the eight hours south to see me. And when we saw each other, everything was confirmed. I knew he was the one.

We dated for a while. He drove to N.O. very often. I flew to Dallas to visit his family. Families on both sides loved each other. We all knew it we were destined for each other. He came down to New Orleans to propose. I accepted. Our Wedding date was only a matter of time.

Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans in August 2005 and I was living there at the time. I knew I was going to Dallas to be with my fiance. And, later that year, we said I Do at the Holiday Inn Hotel with a few family and friends attending. It was quiet and intimate. It was beautiful and the beginning of the rest of our earthly lives together.

Everytime around Thanksgiving I not only have a heart of gratitude for life, salvation and the wonderful blessings the Lord has given to me. But, I'm more than grateful for the amazing husband who makes me smile and laugh, who I can cry with and disagree with. I'm thankful for the person he is and I pray to be the wife he needs and desires. We hold a special bond that can not be broken. He is my blessing.


Blessings,
Kennisha

4 comments:

Ashley Weis said...

So similar to my story. Even threw out my secular cd's right before he came. HAHA!

Beautiful, girl! :o)

Congrats! We celebrate knowing each other for 3 years on Dec. 24th, 3rd wedding anniversary will be July 21st.

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
This sounds so very romantic.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A beautiful love story! Congratulations. May God give you many more years of loving and living the blessing he's bestowed upon you both.

peace~elaine

Kennisha Hill said...

Thank you all so much for the sweet comments! I love my honey bunny! :) Marriage is awesome!

Have a wonderful week everyone,
Kennisha