Monday, November 3, 2008

Sometimes You Gotta' Just Say No

My toddler doesn't like to hear the word "NO" already. Although he's one, he somehow learned to want to have his way. Whether it's turning the television on or off, throwing things he's not supposed to throw..clearly those of you who have children know what I mean. But as my mom would say, "No means no in English, Spanish and Chinese!" Just the same, we should learn how to tell others NO!

We can't do it all. As much as we may try to, our bodies are just not programmed to accept every challenge or responsibility that someone may try to give to us. Our day only consist of 24 hours.

I used to struggle with this. Because God gave me the know-how or ability to do some things, I'd give a quick yes to using that gift. But the truth is, it was wearing me thin and stretching me out. I'd barely get sleep and I was always doing something in stead of relaxing.

Just the other day I told my sister in law how much I admire her toe nails. They were so cute. I felt so bad considering these days I don't have the to paint my own toe nails. It's a good thing my husband doesn't complain! (HA) But, that doesn't mean I don't need to take better care and pamper myself at times.

Be careful of people abusing your gifts! People like that are out there. They know what talents you have and that you are nice enough to use them. Because they have a need, they sniff around like hounds looking for a suspect and when they find you, the'll convince you to do what they want; without considering if you have time or not.

Again, you can't do it all. And if there is no one else to do it, it will have to wait.

This was a tough lesson for me to learn. I always did things for people and in return would feel like I was being used because when I needed a hand, not many people were around. Although God is your source, supplier and sustainer, we have to be smart and give responsibilities to other people. If we want God to use us at our full potential, we have to use wisdom.

Just Say No!


I pray this has encouraged you today!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,
Kennisha

1 comment:

quietspirit said...

This lesson is one we all need to learn. We can do a lot of damage to our health when we keep going like the Energizer bunny.

I understand about not finding a lot of help when you needed it. Been there, done that.