Thursday, November 13, 2008

This Momentary Marriage, by John Piper



So far, I am intrigued. I've just finished chapter one, and I am completely refreshed. This book has so much knowledge and deep thinking about marriage, it creates an urge in me to want to read more.

"Reflecting on his forty years of matrimony, Piper explains:

Most foundationally, marriage is the doing of God. And ultimately, marriage is the display of God. It displays the covenant-keeping love between Christ and his people to the world in a way that no other event or institution does. Marriage, therefore, is not mainly about being in love. It’s mainly about telling the truth with our lives. And staying married is not about staying in love. It is about keeping covenant and putting the glory of Christ’s covenant-keeping love on display.

“If you are married, this is why,” says Piper. “If you hope to be, this should be your dream.” "


I am considering a bible study on this book. If you are interested in participating in a bible study with my husband and I, please let me know. If you'd like to read this book, please click HERE to purchase it or download it for free from his blog.

I think I may do a weekly bible study on my blog about it anyway. It would truly be beneficial!

Have you read it? What are your thoughts?

Blessings,
Kennisha

No comments: