Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Worlds Opinion-vs- Ours



There I stood- in WalMart staring at pregnancy test. I was minding my own business when suddenly a guy walks up to me. He stands there staring at condems- apparently trying to decide which one would be more effective. We both stand there.

I'm standing in anticipation.

He's standing in anxiety.

I'm hopeful for a new life- a blessing and miracle from God.

He's nervous and determined to prevent a pregnancy.

He looks at me and says, "Uh Oh."

"Uh Oh? What do you mean?" I respond. I turned around to look at him to see what his issue was. For some reason, I was not in the best attitude. I was standing there feeling nauseous and tired and like a stick of dynamite ready to explode.

He looks at me and says, "That's why I'm here getting this [stuff ]right here; to make sure that doesn't happen."

Appalled at his disrespect by cussing during his lame excuse for fornication, I turn back around to look at my options and say, "Well, this is a good thing. We have a beautiful son, and I hope it's true."

He didn't know what else to say. Neither did I. After a three minute pause, he turns around and says, "Well, congratulations and good luck", while walking off.

I was glad he left. I grabbed a test and got in line to check out.


It's so amazing how fast the enemy moves at trying to steal your joy, your hopes. Something so precious like a life- a precious fruit of your womb- and the world, who shouldn't be having sex anyway if you're not married, well, they look disgusted at the thought of children. That's why the abortion rate it so high.

According to an article by Fox News, Approximately 1.5 million U.S. women with unwanted pregnancies choose abortion each year. Read the article here.

Immediately, the scripture that came to my mind was John 10:10
(The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full(est).)

I'm a married woman who unfortunately suffered childloss 3 times, but who's blessed beyond measure with a healthy baby boy and who's praying and hopeful for our next blessing on the way. And there's this guy, who's not married but who shrieked at the thought of pregnancy and also who seem to warn me with an 'uh oh' as if I felt the same way he did.

Friends, I was ready to turn around and slap him. Can I be real? I knew this was an attack from the enemy. But I brushed it off, and left. And a little later, we found out the exciting news.

Let me just encourage you with this. We have an enemy who comes to steal, kill and destroy. It doesn't matter what your great news is. Whether it's a promotion, busines related opportunity, great news about your family...whatever it is, be sure to know that your enemy is waiting for an opportunity to discourage you and steal your joy.

You don't have to accept that. Just rebuke those attacks and move forward in Joy! The joy of the Lord is your strength.(Nehemiah 8-9)

Remember, be watchful in the spirit because your enemy is ready to bring you down. And he'll use anyone who's available just to crush you. We have the victory!

I pray this has encouraged you today. Share this blog with a friend!

Blessings to you,
Kennisha

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Writing News!

Published Article Available on EEW Magazine. To visit EEW, please click here.


EEW Magazine is the ESSENCE of the Black Christian Woman. It's the #1 Online Magazine for Black Christian Women with 1/4 Million Subscribers and Growing.

Readers who want an inside look at the most influential & exclusively Christian
entertainers, thought leaders, authors, and entrepreneurs, trust EEW above all
others, because they know, EEW never compromises its standards and has indeed earned its reputation as "The ESSENCE of the Black Christian Woman".
(www.eewmagazine.com)

(Excerpt taken from the ABOUT section of EEW.)
To Read My Article, Click here.

I pray you're blessed by the article and are encouraged to keep moving for Jesus!

Until Next Time, God Bless You!

4 comments:

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

Thank you so much for this post! I was just experiencing a joy attack! Congratulations on the new little one! YEAH!!!!

Kennisha Hill said...

Thanks so much for the congrats Wanza! I'm glad to hear you were encouraged!

Blessings to You,
Kennisha

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
Congratulations! On the blessed event and on the article being published.
Everything you said in the article is true.

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

I enjoyed your article! I've never heard of that site. Thanks!