Friday, December 26, 2008

A Funny Story

This happened the night of Christmas Eve.

For some odd reason, little Kellus woke up in the middle of the night screaming and hollering. I thought, "Oh Lord No! Please don't let it be an ear infection again". I get him out of his crib, and bring him in the bed with us. I was too tired to try to get him back to sleep in the nursery. So, the next best thing is in the bed with mommy and daddy. Still, he screams. I turn the lamp on and my husband wakes up. We both think well, maybe he needs water or a night snack. Maybe he's hungry. We change his diaper too. We're trying to figure this thing out. Maybe he's teething. We were clueless.

Anyway, we put on The Santa Clause 3 to see if that would calm him down. We put on Curious George to see if that would calm him down. We tried it all- asking God to reveal to us what his issue was. Finally, he stopped screaming but just would not go back to sleep.

I reached the point of no return- I needed SLEEP. I was exhausted from trying so hard to put him to sleep.

So, I turned the movie off and asked my husband to get up and put him to sleep; since he's the Pro at that these days.

Immediately after my husband and son left out of the room, I must of drifted off to a deep sleep.

But suddenly, in a weird stage of sleep yet in light consciousness, I heard our bedroom door squeak. "AHHHHH" I let out a loud piercing scream.

I jumped up out of the bed and rushed to the door attempting to close it. I had some resistance so I pushed harder with my shoulders.

Then, I heard my husband say, "Kennisha! What are you doing? Ahhh, My Foot!!" Then he hit the floor.

I snapped out of it and noticed my husband laying on the floor holding his left foot.

"Are you ok?"

"What were you thinking?"

"I thought you were in bed next to me, and someone was breaking in here."

"You don't remember me leaving out to put Kellus to sleep?"

"Uhhh..."

"Girl, you need to pray that God would remove that spirit of fear."


I laughed and laughed and laughed the rest of the night. Every time I think of it I laugh. My poor husband. Sadly, I split his big toenail causing it to bleed and all.

But, it was just so funny. To see my 6'5" husband on the floor holding his foot. Terrible.

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)

7 comments:

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
This is going to be one of those stories to tell in years to come.
I'm glad it wasn't what you thought.

Happy New Year!

Ashley Weis said...

Oh my, that is HILARIOUS! I sent it to George. HAHAHAHA!

Kennisha Hill said...

Thanks for the comments ladies. I'm telling ya, it was so weird because I was sound asleep and couldn't remember him getting up to put Kellus to sleep. But to see him on the floor, that part cracks me up for some reason. He's so tall..LOL...

Dianna Hobbs said...

Cracking up about this one! That's the best story. Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

lynnmosher said...

Girl, I hope the rest of your Christmas was less hazardous! I'm glad it was only his toenail that you broke! LOL! Our minds play silly tricks on us sometimes, don't they? May the Lord fill the New Year for you and your family with an abundance of blessings...and safety! Bunches of hugs...Lynn

Ashley Weis said...

Kennisha, that had me laughing out loud! hat was great... reminds me of Ashley thinking bombs are always going off anytime she hears a "BANG".

Good stuff! Ashley said I would have a good laugh... and I did!

Blessings,
-g-

Kennisha Hill said...

Hi George!

I'm sure you guys know to just excuse us sometimes. LOL My husband still laughs...

Thanks for your comment and for taking such good care of Ashley!

Be Blessed,
Nisha