Saturday, December 27, 2008

Thank God for Change



Can we all say, "Thank God that I am not who I used to be."

I had a moment the other day in WalMart. Can I be transparent with you today?

So, I'm standing in WalMart on Christmas Eve and bad enough it was the most crowded I'd seen in there for a while. I forgot why I don't shop on the eve of any holiday because of the crowd. And being pregnant, really I wasn't trying to just stand in line for an hour- especially being tired and hungry.

Well, there I stood in line. There was a lady putting her groceries up to be checked out and I was next right behind her. She stands at the back of the counter while there was lots of room on the counter for me to put my few groceries. So I say to myself, "Well, I can start loading my groceries on the counter since there is lots of space." But she would not move. And I said it loud enough so she can hear. She turned around to look at me with a very funny look and then says, "Hm!" while rolling her eyes.

Yes, the flesh began to rise.

Now, I had to stop and think for a moment. Because if this was back in my unsaved days, I probably would have said something. The only thing I could say was "Excuse me" in a very polite way and proceed to putting my groceries on the counter. I may have accidentally bumped her, but it was accidentally because she would not move. I was furious.

I had to tell my husband. "Thank the Lord I've been delivered."

Have you ever been in a situation where you were reminded that you are not who you used to be anymore?

I'm sure we're all tried in those areas. Our enemy knows our weaknesses and where to toy with us. I refuse to give him the satisfaction or any of my time.

The truth is, we are not the same. The Lord delivered us. God set us free.

We don't walk the same. We don't talk the same. We don't even look the same.

There were times when I'd look at old pictures of me at a club and I promise I don't look the same. My attitude was different. My demeanor was different. I did different things.

But, oh when I came to Jesus. He changed me, healed me, delivered me and restored me. Thank you Jesus.

What's also so amazing is that we are still on a steady path of growth. Until we get to heaven, we will always be on a path of growth. Prayerfully, we'll continue growing closer to God and growing stronger in our faith.

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:14)


With this new year quickly approaching, let's thank God for what he's done in our lives and for where he's taking us. He's doing awesome things in all of our lives. Let's keep trusting Him. Trust that you're not the same but that God is doing a mighty work in you! Surely, He is!


Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

Blessings,
Kennisha

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Reminder:

Marital Bliss Online e-newsletter will launch January 2009. If you're a young married couple looking to build with other Christian couples, then this newsletter is for you. Chime in! Send an email to maritalblissonline@gmail.com to subscribe!

1 comment:

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
I also have had times in grocery lines when I could have responded badly. But I find myself thinking that person is in need of some grace.