Friday, December 19, 2008

Where are they now?

Have you ever wondered where some television show celebrities are today? Some of them we see on big movies, but some seem to have dwindled in their acting careers. This makes me believe that it's not everyone's destiny to be a huge star or to experience any part of stardum at all.

Sometimes I hear people talk. I want to be a NBA basketball player. I want to be a grammy award winning musician. I want to have a rich lifestyle. I want people to know who I am.

Dreaming big is normal. No one wants to live a life of poverty and misfortune. But as Christians, what exactly should motivate us in what we're doing. Is it money, fame and fortune or is it so God's will can be done regardless to where we are?

Even Jesus said, "Not my will, but thy will be done." Luke 22:42(b)

Does this mean we should think less of what we can become or dream little? I certainly don't think so. I do believe God wants us to live a healthy life and that has always been my prayer. I believe that God truly knows our destiny and exactly where he wants us to be.

I've never been the type of person to want to be famous. I never thought I'd want fans or my own set of followers. I looked at Jesus' life and determined that I wanted to be like him. Though when he was on earth he was the Prince of Peace and Lord of Lords, he could have shown himself as being higher and a much greater king than all the rulers on the earth. Instead, he was a humble man of peace who came with a purpose and walked in what God wanted him to do. This, in my opinion, is the best example of priorities that are correctly in line. This is how I want to be.

When anyone ask me where I think certain celebrities are today, I simply say, maybe it just wasn't in their destiny to be a huge star. But, I'm sure where ever they are, they are doing what they feel they should be doing- whether right or wrong.

Likewise as believers, I think it's important for us to stay busy in doing what the Lord has called us to do without worrying about where it'll take us. My philosophy is, if God made it to where one person read my book and decided to change their life for their spiritual betterment, then I've done what the Lord wanted me to do. Whether it be one or one million, God's purpose for your life is greater than how much money you'll ever make!

Let's keep our priorities in line!

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Be blessed in the Lord!

Blessings,
Kennisha

No comments: