Thursday, February 26, 2009

Put your arms up!

I had a little pregnancy scare Tuesday afternoon. I was sitting on the floor playing with my son. I have a very active one year old! He loves to play ball...loves to play with his cars... loves to play with any and everything that looks appeasing to him. Anyone with children know what I'm talking about. It's the curious case of little Kellus who is no doubt a VERY curious and active little boy.

Well, I sat on the floor to throw the ball to him. Out of extreme excitement, Kellus jumps up to throw the ball back to me, only, instead of throwing the ball, he threw his body! I caught his arms, but his head went right into my stomach. Bam! I jumped back. He jumped back. I immediately got up and thought to myself, "Lord, please let everything be ok with the baby."

A little later that evening, I started having pelvic pain. My husband assumed it was just my nerves jumping around because of the shock of what happened. I agreed- but couldn't help but think of something happening to her. I was terribly nervous. I called my mom. My mom encouraged me to be very careful with my son. I shouldn't sit on the floor to play with him. And, when I do, I should be ready to block for his sudden moves. My husband agreed. He moves very quickly.

I called my doctor- we scheduled an appointment for me Wednesday- and thankfully, all is well with baby Karissa (or Kyla). I give God the glory.

I believe I had gotten so nervous because I hear a lot about preterm labor. Myself being only 6 months pregnant- I'm praying to hold on until the end.

The Lord began to show me something about this situation, as I was doing some housework today.

On this journey, we have to know when to put our arms up and block the enemy's distractions!

We get countless distractions. Countless attacks. Countless things try to get in the way of what God wants us to do. We face countless trials. Our adversary is well aware of what we're up to and will do everything in his power to get us off track- his plan is ultimately to get us to STOP!

Let me encourage you with this today. Scripture tells us to put on the FULL armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-17
"10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."

Our enemy attacks are sudden. As sudden as my son's move. We can't get blindsidded by his tricks. Stand firm on the word and be ready!

I don't know what is coming against you. But, know that if you dress yourself well spiritually, you can overcome whatever it is through the strength of God.


Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this has encouraged you today.

Blessings,
Kennisha Hill
www.maritalblissonline.com Subscribe Today!

2 comments:

Ashley Weis said...

Wow, I'm glad everything is okay!

I didn't know you knew you were having a girl! Isn't Kyla your character's name? I like Kyla more than Karissa. :) Just my 2 cents, although both are pretty. But Karissa reminds me of Clarissa explains it all! :)

Love ya!

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
Yes, be careful what you do with your son. Things happen so quickly.
Even in life, things happen very fast. We always have to be prepared.