Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Can you see the signs?



Last night I had serious hunger waves circling around my stomach. I ate dinner, but being seven months pregnant, what I ate apparently was not enough. I've got to start eating in greater portions. Well, I prepared for bed, but could not rest because of hunger. So, I decided to eat a healthy snack of apple slices. I finished the entire bag- and it was a whooping 2 o'clock in the morning!

I sat up for a little while and thought, "Well, since I am up, I might as well read more of my manuscript for "Simply Wisdom:Tid Bits of Inspiration for Your Journey"'. Needless to say, I cracked open the book. But, what took me by surprise was the chapter that was next on the list...."Rest for your Journey". I was flabbergasted!

What's even more amazing is that only seconds prior, the Lord spoke to me that I need to get some sleep. This was certainly a small sign yet a BIG confirmation that I need to listen and call it a night.

Has something similar ever happen to you?

Sometimes we may think that God speaks to us using a gigantic blow horn. Sorry, but it does not work that way all the time. God has very uniquely small ways of speaking to our spirit. There are times where his voice is so soft you have to turn everything OFF to hear him. If not, we'll drown him out and miss something important he's trying to tell us. Then, there are times he sends very small signs.

Have you ever came across a billboard that spoke directly to your spirit, and the billboard was not spiritual at all? Maybe it was another small sign of saying, "STOP", "Don't Go There" or "Caution Ahead". There are times it could be an actual sign (similar to my example) and there are times it could be a scripture you happened to turn to in your bible!

Daniel 6:27

27 He [God] rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth.He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions."

God is the same God today that was years ago when he performed the most amazing signs and wonders. There's one thing I learned to do and it's to never doubt His power! He most certainly has the ability to speak to you in incredible ways.

When I was single and dating, I would always pray that God would give me a sign that this person was or was NOT the one for me. And as sure as you know, He would. Ultimately, something bizarre would happen that assured me that clearly this was a sign from God. Likewise when I was courting my husband- the Lord showed me various signs that he is the one for me.

I love it when God speaks to us in different ways. Don't you? In what ways has God spoken to you?


I pray this devotional blessed you today!

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed Tuesday!
Kennisha Hill
www.kennishahill.com| http://simply-wisdom.blogspot.com
Marital Bliss Newsletter- Subscribe Today! April Issue Launches April 20th!

No comments: