Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Maintaining Faith During Stressful Situations



Have you ever felt like the picture to the left? Like you could just punch something- like the very thing you are going through is trying its hardest to win the fight? Well, this is precisely how I felt this week. This week has been a very challenging week on many levels. I found myself becoming more and more frustrated the more the situation seemed it was turning for the worst. Normally, I'd never allow things to get me this far into frustration. But, this is something that seemed to attack my family- my health- my family's health. If there is one thing I have learned so far in my walk with Christ, it's that all things are spiritual- and the ONLY thing I could do is pray and trust in the Lord!

Friends, life is like a box of chocolates...you truly never know what you're going to get. Life is full of surprises. But, the most awesome thing about really having a relationship with God is that during those tough times he will give us peace about those situations that HE and he alone is working out for us!

I was walking through the mall one day this week with some of my stay-at-home mom friends and began to share with them the situation...but, I also began to share with them a peace that I couldn't explain. Then, the next day it seems like my peace was attacked! Our enemy is really quick.

Hear me on this one today. It is so important when we go through things that we remain faithful in the Lord- that we continue to trust in Him. God knows what's going on and he also knows the end results. We only see the things that are in front of us and typically we assume the worst first.

Let's not allow the enemy to steal our peace. People think our adversary steals our material things. I wholeheartedly believe that one of the first things he wants to do is steal our joy, peace, love..etc. Those are active fruits of the spirit that are essential to our lives as believers.

Immediately, I knew that I needed to rebuke the enemy and ask the Lord to give me more peace. And there were a couple things that I knew would be crucial to this peace the Lord would give to me.

1) Surrounding myself with things that will uplift my spirit- I listened to worship music. I needed to hear the word through song; songs that I knew would reassure me of God's love and faithfulness to his children.

2) Read the word- The more I read scripture about God's peace, the more peace would begin to fill my spirit.

3) Block out all things that would try to disrupt that peace- Unnecessary conversation, unhealthy things on TV had to be shut down. This is a time where it's crucial to really seek God for his peace and understanding and not form to things that would get in the way of that.

I tell ya, once we learn to apply those things to our lives in times of stress or in times of perfect happiness, we would live much healthier spiritual lives.

If you're finding yourself a little stressful or dealing with some frustration- put everything else down and seek the Lord!

Isaiah 26:3
3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast,because he trusts in you.



Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this has blessed you today!


Blessings,
Kennisha
www.maritalblissonline.com Subscribe Today!

1 comment:

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
Several years ago I spoke to the church board I sat on about how I believed in tithing and that even I, in my meager circumstance, gave the full tithe to God. For several weeks I had to fight very hard to keep my tithe for God.
Yes, I believe it was the adversary.