Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Can Run to God!



It is Spring! This is a loving season to some because of the warmer weather and blossoming flowers! But, to others it's the beginning of the Stormy Season!

This reminds me of when I was a little girl and how much I dreaded thunderstorms. I literally could not sleep if it was lightening outside. Each time it would rain, I would go in my parent's room and sit beside my dad's side of the bed. I was petrified. I can't count how many times my dad had to come pray with me. He constantly reminded me of the scripture that says God has not given us the spirit of fear.

I remember I'd even crawl in my younger sister's bed. It was such a challenging part of life for me. But, what I wanted you to get from that story is how I ran to my dad. I felt like no one in the world would understand and be able to comfort me but him.

In a similar sense, I believe we should run to God when we have concerns. No matter what your situation is, know that he is waiting for you to come to him so he can comfort you.

Sometimes it's easy to think that God would never understand or that he doesn't care about our need- no matter how simple you think it is. On the contrary, God absolutely cares and is waiting for you!

You've heard the saying, "There is nothing too hard for God". Well that is certainly 100% true. God cares for your need and wants to show you just how "able" he is to take care of you and your need!

Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.
Selah

I pray that you would take comfort in this scripture today! No matter what it is that you're going through, run to God-who is your refuge in time of need!


Blessings,
Kennisha Hill
www.kennishahill.com|www.maritalblissonline.com Subscribe Today!
www.maritalblissonline.wordpress.com

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Beautifully written and so true!

As a child for me it was my Grandpa that I could run to with EVERYTHING and then he put me into the arms of Abba and I could run to HIM. Praise the Lord.

Thanks for this refreshing reminder!

Cherise Bopape said...

Hi Kennisha,

What a great post…. During my season as a single mom many years ago, I struggled with fear almost daily. The verse you mentioned (2 Timothy 1:7) has been one that I’ve used to encourage myself—time and time again. When we hide God’s Word in our heart, He brings Scripture to mind—just when we need a little encouragement, strength, or comfort. He’s indeed a Father who’s accessible, in control, and happy when we run to him first.

By the way, I see that you’re about to release a new devotional book. Keep us posted!

Cherise