Monday, April 13, 2009

Bless the Lord, Oh My Soul



Psalm 103: 1-5

1Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.


Yesterday we celebrated the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. At Spirit Life Church, International (my home church), we had a program, which included the youth dance ministry, youth drama team and several songs by the Praise Team and individuals to sing separate songs with a video presentation behind them. Truly, it was phenomenal! My pastor greatly believes in worship and reverence to God. Everything was done in order- yet God consistently amazes me at how he shows up in there!

The spirit of the Lord moved mightily on several occasions! Praise God, several people accepted Christ as Lord and Savior at the end of service!

The part that touched my heart the most was when the dance team danced to Tye Tribbet's "Bless the Lord". What a beautiful song and their dance brought the lyrics of the song to life.

There was a certain part where the team were on the floor- symbolizing lying prostrate before God as they shouted "Bless the Lord Oh My Soul". Every time I think of that it brings chills down my spine.

I was talking with my husband about church, as we were on the way to my brother's house later yesterday. And I mentioned to him why that part of the dance brought me to tears.

What they did was such a powerful statement. God is so great and he is SO majestic and Holy- sometimes we can't stand and worship. Sometimes we bow before him because his holiness is so great. I often wonder if God's presence is like that here, how in the world will it be in heaven! Here's what I do know.... we can't stand in his presence!

While we are here on earth, we should give God the highest level of reverence we can. Whether it's kneeling, bowing, lifting our hands, lying prostrate, dancing, twirling ribbons... shouting- it should all be done in spirit and in truth!

I was truly moved by the dance team ministry. I could have went up there and danced with them- only my pregnant belly and yellow dress would not match their white uniforms!


I do want to encourage you to tap into that sincere worship that the Lord has placed in your heart to give to Him. He deserves. Read Psalms 103 and listen to this song by Tye Tribbet. I pray it blesses you today!


Blessings,
Kennisha

1 comment:

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
This is a very good message here. I like the expression of the dancers being received so strongly.