Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fall, Shake it Off, Learn and Move On


My son has managed to fall and cut his bottom lip twice in the past four days. The first time it happened at church. My husband was at a meeting and I was in the reception area chatting with the gals. I asked my husband to keep an eye on him for just a moment, while I stepped out to deliver a message. Well, seconds (it seems) later, he walked in the area where I was holding our son- who had a bloody mouth and was screaming at the top of his lungs. Immediately I thought, "What in the world happened to cause him to have a bloody mouth?" My "mamma" instincts clicked and I instantly blamed my husband for not keeping an eye on him. But as he explained, it happened too fast for him to stop it anyway. In was inevitable. He was running on the stage in the sanctuary with another toddler and the floor met his face before he could brace himself. "Boys will be boys" I thought. But, did that stop my toddler from getting back down to play? No!

The second incident happened today. My adventerous son likes to walk around with a blanket covering his head. This cracks him up! This makes my heart skip a beat, because I know he's bound to fall and hurt himself. My mom says, "He'll learn". Though I know he will learn, still my heart cringes at the thought of him falling and hurting himself. Well, as sure as you know, he tripped over the blanket that was covering his head and cut his lip again.

A little later today, the Lord began to show me how we can all learn a valuable lesson from my one year old. Yes, we can learn from our children!

How many times are we punched in the gut by rejection, fear, or just simple trials of life and we let it get us and keep us down? Too many times I'm sure. The truth is, sometimes we get knocked down so that we can learn something from it. Amen?

My son has to learn not to walk around with a blanket covering his head/eyes. I haven't seen him do it sense the accident- and hopefully that mean he's learned from it. Similarily, if you have fallen or found yourself spiritually bleeding, shake it off, ask God to give you wisdom about your circumstance and move on with your life!

If we allow the enemy to keep us down, we give him room to throw more kicks and punches our way. Yes, you know he attacks us more when we're down. And the enemy is not always the cause of our falls. Sometimes our own decisions can bring us pain. This is why it's important that we seek God for direction and trust that He'll guide us.

Don't drown in your pity if you've experienced rejection. Instead, pray and give it to the Lord. He is your source of strength. God is waiting with open arms to help strengthen you and give you peace and joy in the midst of your circumstance.

I'm not sure what you're going through that's keeping your head in a pillow, but whatever it is, trust God and move on. Don't remain stagnant in frustration. Instead, put and leave it in the Lord's hands then move on giving God thanks!

Exodus 15:2
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.


I pray this entry has encouraged you today! Thanks for stopping by The Ready Writer!

Blessings,
Kennisha Hill | www.kennisha-hill.com Visit My Website!

3 comments:

Christian Mommy Writer said...

My son likes to walk around with a blanket on his head too! It's hilarious because every once in a while, he'll peep outside of the blanket to make sure he isn't about to bump into something.

And you're right. We have to do like Donnie McClurkin and get back up again when we fall!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Congrats on the release of your book today! I just got the word and will be ordering my copy as soon as I can find my wallet. I love the new look of everything! You've inspired me to keep moving on with my dreams, friend.

I've fallen too many times to count; I'm going to keep getting up and pressing on to take hold of everything that Christ has for me, despite my fear.

Love you, friend; I'm so excited for you!!!

peace~elaine

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
About your son's falls, your mother's right, he will learn. But at his age there are times it will just happen.
About our falls, we have a God who forgives us and sets us on the right path when we do.