Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mary Magdalene:A Humbling Servant




John 12:3 (NKJV)
"3 Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil."

“I just want to wait on you my God… I just want to dwell on who you are”, these are the exceptionally beautiful words Kari Jobe sang in her song “Beautiful”. A marvelous depiction of humbling Mary washing the feet of Jesus- this demonstrates how we should embrace our relationship with the Father. We, his children, should approach Christ with such similar servant hood.

This week through Sunday the nation is celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Though some people who haven't been in church since Christmas will decide to come out and celebrate, we who have a personal relationship with Him know that this day should be a day like every other day. We should celebrate Jesus in our lifestyle!

When I personally think of Jesus, my heart is immediately humbled. I greatly wish to be able to wash His feet with my hair. I wish to give him such a big hug and rest in his arms. I wish to serve him by giving him gifts. I wish to cook him dinner. Or, just simply to sit in the same room with Him.

As I read that verse in John, my soul can relates to Mary because that is how I feel about my Savior. What a great day it will be when we dwell eternally with our King.

I wrote this blog today because I want to encourage you to look beyond your exterior and search deep within your soul to examine your relationship with Christ. We can get so busy with things that we often neglect to spend quality time with Him. I am guilty too.

With so many responsibilities going on, by nightfall, I am secure in bed only to whisper a soft "Thank you Jesus" before closing my eyes for the night. But, that's not enough. Our lifestyles should reflect who we serve. If Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, then we shoud equally desire to wash His feet...

Wash His feet with your obedience...
Wash His feet with your faithfulness...
Wash His feet with your humbleness...
Wash His feet with your service to Him...
Wash His feet with your worship...



As you continue to celebrate our Savior's resurrection, think of the ways you can wash his feet. Think of how you can do something as sweet to touch the heart of Jesus! And, when you do, keep it up! Remember, we will reign eternally with Him. In the meantime, do your very best to humbly serve Him!


I pray this entry has encouraged you today! Thanks for visiting The Ready Writer.

Blessings,
Kennisha
http://simply-wisdom.blogspot.com| New Book Coming in June!

5 comments:

Michele Williams said...

Great post! Wash His feet with my service.... Blessings...

lynnmosher said...

Oh, Kennisha! That was lovely! What an awesome idea to wash Jesus' feet with my (fill in the blank)! Thank for this beautiful post! Easter blessings to you...

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
I like the thought, "Wash his feet in service to Him." We don't realize when we are doing something for a family member or a neighbor or a friend, we are actually doing it for Christ.

LisaShaw said...

"We should celebrate Jesus in our lifestyle!"

That said it all dear sister. Thank you for this beautiful and challenging message for all!

God bless you during this special time in our Lord and always.

Lots of love!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Kennisha:
This is so good. I want to be a foot washer, both of Jesus and of others. Too often my own selfish bent keeps me from doing either. God forgive me.

There is soon coming a day, friend, when we both will sit at his feet and wash them with our tears of thankfulness. It's a day I long for; in the meantime, I want to be more obedient and faithful to keep to the road. I'm having a hard time as of late.

Hope you're feeling good in these final days of countdown. Keep me posted on the book and the baby!

peace~elaine