Tuesday, April 7, 2009

When God Confirms...You Should Obey!

The Lord confirmed something for me last Sunday. An elder at our church walked up and asked how I was feeling. Prior to his asking, my pastor and other members had just prayed for me and the baby. I was feeling great at the moment. Though when he asked, I was starving for something to eat and my husband was ministering to another young man so I was waiting patiently for us to go eat after church. Well, one of our elders asked and I told him I've been okay- just trying to take it easy and am experiencing minor setbacks (nausea, discomfort when I walk..etc). Well, he gently suggested, "You should come out to prayer every week so we can pray for you and the baby."

Immediately I felt a rush of conviction. It was as if God was telling me, "I told you to go to prayer!" Although I have my private prayer time, I truly believe that corporate prayer is as important! God was already speaking to me about going to prayer on Saturday mornings. The elder simply confirmed what God already said I should do.

When he approached me, I was talking with my Pastor's wife. She even explained that sometimes it's just a sacrifice we have to make for the Lord. It's difficult, but that's what helps us grow- stepping out in obedience to do what God says.

I've always tried to be a "no excuses" person. I don't like to give excuses for things. I like to get things done. Well, my excuse for not getting to prayer is sleep! When my husband is home on weekends, I take advantage of that time and sleep an extra hour. Sometimes I just lay there and talk to the Lord. The truth is, I just need to roll my pregnant butt out of bed and get to prayer.

1 Samuel 15:22
22 But Samuel replied:
"Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ?
To obey is better than sacrifice,
and to heed is better than the fat of rams


I just want to encourage you today to really listen out for what God is saying and walk in obedience. It is better to just go on and obey than to give Him excuses. Remember, he doesn't do excuses. God acts and does things for us. His grace and giving is unmatchable! You're alive to see a new day- so what is it that you can do for Him?

I pray this entry has blessed you today! Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer.


Blessings,
Kennisha Hill

2 comments:

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
Isn't it interesting how God tells us things and we think we can get out of doing that very thing 'because we have such and such going on.'

When He convicts us we are to listen.

LisaShaw said...

I didn't know you were pregnant -- Congratulations!

"Obedience is better than Sacrifice" is engraved in my spirit. Help me to walk it out Holy Spirit.

Bless you dear sister.