Monday, April 6, 2009

When You Just Need A Moment...


I am seven months pregnant! What I'm beginning to realize about this pregnancy is just how much it is literally tugging on my emotions. There are times I just need to step outside and breathe. And, because I am a stay-at-home mom to a toddler, the idea of doing something like that during the day is impossible...unless I have someone to watch little Kellus for me. Needless to say, I can have quite a bit of "moments".

Yesterday I had a severe emotional break-down type of moment! It wasn't a crying moment, but it was a moment where I was near raging insanity. I quickly got upset at my husband for not cleaning the kitchen. Yes, this may appear to many as such a small reason to get upset. BUT, to a woman who is a seven months pregnant AND a serious neat freak, this is just cause for such a reaction.

I walked into the kitchen looking at it in awe that I can't believe it looked as bad as it did. My husband Kellus was working from home. I asked him to stay home to 'help' me because I had been feeling pain when I walk, nausea and very exhausted lately. So, he called in and decided to work from home instead of at the office.

Now, I was supposed to be lying down and resting. I was able to finish and submit an article and write a couple blogs. This was great because typically I have to find time to do these things in the day when it's just little Kellus and I. So, I assumed my husband would stay home to help me with him so I could get writing done and relax. In my mind, this meant "No Cleaning" for me. Well, Yeah Right! So, I walked into the kitchen observing how it looked like a Tornado swept through there and decided to clean it.

Now mind you, our son is fascinated with the kitchen- especially when I am putting dishes up and cleaning it. For some reason, he loves to TUG on me when I'm cleaning. Most days it doesn't bother me, but yesterday clearly was NOT the day.

My husband walked in the kitchen to move a pizza box and looked at me with a look of fear in his eyes. Our son began to fuss because he wanted to follow me and all I could do was grab my car keys and jet out of the door!

I mean, I was gone!

But, I didn't go far. I just rode around another apartment building in our apartment community and parked the car. I took a few deep breaths before I called my mom to vent! Thank God I have a godly mother. She really encouraged me during my near moment of insanity. One thing she did remind me of is to not allow myself to get stressed during the final stages of this pregnancy. What I don't need is my blood pressure to rise high. So, I had to find a way to relax. Even if I were to tell Kellus how badly I need a moment and just get away for a minute to breathe. When you need a moment- take it!

Sometimes we need to really take our moments. If we need to get away for a second, we should do it. Whatever is your way to relax- be sure to take those moments for you. And, most importantly, taking those moments to pray or talk to the Lord is the best type of moment you could have. There are times where I need to play worship music just to keep my mind and heart in a place of peace and not getting stressed.

Trust me, if we allow ourselves to have our moments (our time) then we will be much better off and not experience severe moments of insanity!


Blessings,
Kennisha

2 comments:

ChristianMommyWriter said...

About every ten days, I have one of those moments. Being a SAHM with a toddler is challenging enough. I can't imagine being seven months pregnant too.

I pray that the remainder of your pregnancy will go great and that you will be able to keep a low stress level! :-)

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

I understand Kennisha! I'm glad you were able to get away and BREATHE! Awwhh...I have those moments too. Great post.