Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Let God Stir Up Your Gifts!




2 Timothy 1:6 (New International Version)
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.


I was pleasantly surprised at my Baby Shower (last Saturday- May 8th). A few of my friends not only "bought" things for me, but they used their God-given talents to MAKE something for me. I haven't seen this level of creativity in a very long time. Instead of buying baby blankets, etc.. they decided to be creative and sow! Let's just say, I was so impressed AND blessed! Whenever you take the time to 'make' something for someone, it really shows how much you appreciate them. Whether it's sowing, writing, singing a song, making a card, painting a picture... it's something that took time and effort to do to make sure you know how special you are. Really, my heart was full.



My very good friend, Rachel, who made this blanket, really touched my heart when she expressed how she put lots of love into it! This is an incredible gift. I'll tell you what though- I know my little princess will sleep peacefully on this blanket.

What I love the most of out this experience is how my three friends, Britnee, Melissa and Rachel used their talents to make something for my little one. How many people can truly say they are using their talents to touch lives like they are?

God has given us all a unique piece of creativity. In some form or fashion, he has equipped us with that ability. He's given it to us with a purpose- ministry. It's to touch the lives of someone else. Ultimately, it's to show the love of Jesus Christ to the world.

When my friends gave me those gifts, they were demonstrating Christ-like love.

Now, I am certainly no seamstress. Honestly, (and this is embarrassing) I can barely sow a button on properly without it falling out immediately afterward. So, I have such a huge appreciation for people who can sow and knit. I have the same appreciation for all forms of art like this- whether it's cooking up an incredible meal, writing an amazing story, singing, or dancing. There's just something about someone who operates in their gifts!

More than anything, the Lord loves it! He encourages us to use the gifts he's blessed us with. The truth is, he knew precisely what he was doing when he instilled them in us. The least we can do is put them to use.

Romans 11:29 (King James Version)
29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.


If you're not sure what your gift is, pray and ask the Lord to reveal it to you. Then, trust that He will. Trust me, there's nothing more amazing than operating in your God-given calling. There's a world out there that really needs us to be about the Father's business! Amen?


I pray this entry has blessed you today! Be encouraged in the Lord, as you continue on your Journey!


Blessings,
Kennisha Hill | http://www.kennisha-hill.com

2 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A beautiful blanket, Kennisha. I have so many treasures like this from my children's beginnings. Right before my grandmother died, she made all of her grandkids a quilt. I still have it; a bit tattered these days, but it remains the "coveted" blanket in this house. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of my four receives this godly inheritance.

peace~elaine

Shonte' Press said...

WOW! I love the new look. Now didn't I tell you to REST! XOXO