Thursday, May 14, 2009

No Fear of the Next Level!



On August 16, 2007 at 3:14AM, my husband and I entered into a new level in life. Our worlds changed completely when our son was born. After going through multiple miscarriages prior to my pregnancy with him and hundreds of shots in my belly that I had to take everyday because of a blood clotting disorder, finally, he was here.

I remember calling my mom many times- often completely terrified of being a mom. I was ready, but I was also apprehensive about facing the next level. I wanted to be the best mother so badly. I wanted to be the perfect mother. And now, almost two years later, I understand that perfection is nonexistant in this world. The scriptures tell us to strive for it- but never says we will actually accomplish it. It only exist in heaven!

This brings me to the message behind today's post: No Fear of the Next Level.

Sometimes the actual idea of stepping out and moving forward is intimidating. You begin to think, "I actually got the deal and am moving to the next level- what have I gotten myself in to?" If you feel this way, please understand that you are not alone.

First, let me congratulate you on moving forward! Whatever your accomplishment- closing a big deal, signing a book or album contract, or starting your own business- know that you are going to do great because the Lord is on your side.

It is easy to allow fear make you hault for a moment; afraid to take those next steps. How about, instead of letting fear linger, pray that God will give you wisdom and peace about this next level- then move on in confidence that you'll be victorious in it! Once you let go of that fear and let things naturally happen, you'll discover that it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

I was terrified of being a mommy for the first time, but God gave me (and continues to give me) wisdom about motherhood. It is a process that will never end. Similarily, allow the Lord to do the same for you during this new and exciting stage in your life. Trust me, He will and when He does, you'll be able to step back and say, "This wasn't as bad as I thought!"


I pray this entry has blessed you today. Come back again for more extra boosts of encouragement!

Blessings to You,

Kennisha Hill

P.S., I encourage you to visit my website http://www.kennisha-hill.com and read the excerpt and press release for my new release Simply Wisdom. It is now available for purchase! I pray it blesses you!

4 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful message wrapped in God's grace.

Awesome!

Kennisha Hill said...

Thanks Lisa! God is awesome!

Blessings,
Kennisha

Andrea said...

Hi, Kennisha! It is so nice to meet you and visit your lovely blog. I dropped in from Elaine's.

You are an inspiring woman of God, and your words are very encouraging and truly full of wisdom. Very uplifting!

I praise God for you! I am always so grateful to Him when I meet an awesome woman of faith. Your words lift me up and give me courage.

Many blessings to you today.

In Christ's Love,

Andrea

Kennisha Hill said...

Hi Andrea,

Thank you so much for visiting and for your warm words! I'm so honored that you came by for a visit. Please, know that you are welcome here anytime! I look forward to getting to know you!

I pray the Lord would bless you with an awesome weekend!

Love and Blessings,
Kennisha