Thursday, June 11, 2009

How Great is Our God!


Mathew 18 1At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Last night we had scary rough weather roll through North Texas. Many lost power. There was even a Tornado that touched down close to my home. Honestly, I admit that I am a bit of a scary cat when it comes to bad weather. But, my fear stems from a revelation I had about God. Yes, he is love and he is my shield, but He is the creator... even the creator of Tornado's.

I am honestly amazed at how powerful God is. Through these "natural" events that take place, I see the majesty of God. I see how powerful He is and this keeps me humble. It keeps me in check, should I ever put myself on some kind of pedestal. It doesn't matter what I do on this earth, God's power completely supercedes everything. He's just that Great!

I posted this scripture in Matthew because I just want to send a friendly reminder about the sovereignty of God. God desires us to come to him like children- to be humble and in awe of his presence. Sometimes we forget about this because we're thinking so much about what we're doing, what we want to do and where we want to go. The truth is, we serve a very powerful and almighty God who can lead us in the right direction, if we follow Him! Truthfully, we should spend less time worrying about what to do and more time trusting in the Lord just because He's so great! I mean, do you know that we knows everything? That, as the children sing, He's got the whole world in His hands? I believe this is something we should never forget!

Recently, I was watching video's of Louie Giglio "How Great is Our God" and I'm telling you, each time I watch his video's, it humbles me. God is so big- we must never forget the awesome and powerful God we serve!

I've put a few video's of Louie Giglio's "How Great Is Out God". I pray they bless you today! To purchase this DVD click HERE.









No comments: