Monday, June 1, 2009

Psalm 107: Perfect Examples of God's Love for Us

"Psalm 107:1-3" Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Let the redeemed of the LORD say this- those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south."

As I was reading Psalm 107 this morning, my heart filled with enormous gratitude. This particular chapter in Psalm (like many others I'm sure) truly goes into great detail about God's love for us. Although we know that the Ultimate sign of God's love is his son Jesus Christ- still through this chapter, he outlines a few other examples and shows exactly just how unfailing his love is.

"(vs 4-8) Some wandered in the desert wastelands, finding no way to a city where they could settle. They were hungry and thirsty, and their lives ebbed away. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He led them by a straight way to a city where they could settle. Let them give Thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men..."

Have you ever felt like you were in a desert wasteland- lost and could not find a place to settle? Hear the word of the Lord and know that God can lead you 'by a straight way' to a better place for you.

"(vs 10-15) Some sat in darkness and the deepest gloom, prisoners suffering in iron chains, for they had rebelled against the words of God and despised the counsel of the Most High. So, he subjected them to bitter labor; they stumbled, and there was no one to help. Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress."

Even in the midst of our 'doom and gloom' the Lord still hears us. Even those who are in chains. This scripture is the perfect example of how even in imprisonment God can still hear our cries.

"(vs. 17-19) Some became fools through their rebellious ways and suffered affliction because of their iniquities. They loathed all food and drew near the gates of death. They cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress."


How incredible is it that God would still hear our cries- even when WE have been rebellious. Although our sin certainly brings consequence, God in all of his grace and mercy still hears our cries and save us!

"(vs 23-28) Others went out on the sea in ships; they were merchants on the mighty waters. They saw the works of the LORD, and his wonderful deeds in the deep. For he spoke and stirred up a tempest that lifted high the waves. They mounted up to the heavens and went down to the depths; in their peril their courage melted away. They reeled and staggered like drunken man; they were at the wits' end. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress."

God's love for us is incredible and unfailing. Even when we allow our situations to bring us to stress and then when we allow our stress to cause us reach our 'wits' end' God still hears us.

We serve such an incredible God who hears our cries in times of trouble- even when we don't deserve it. Still, by his grace he comes to our rescue and delivers us. When you know the Lord has saved you from distress, I encourage you not to forget how you got out of that thing. It was only by the grace of God. We don't get ourselves out of jams... God delivers from them.

Do like the Lord commands in Psalm 107 "Let them give THANKS to the LORD for his Unfailing love and his wonderful deeds!" (vs 8,15,21,31).

"(vs 43). Whoever is wise, let him heed these things and consider the great love of the LORD"


Prayer

Heavenly Father, this morning I come before you humbly with a thankful heart. I can't thank you enough for the many many times you have come to my rescue in times of need. Lord, each time you heard my distress- each time you heard my call. Times when I was crying in the midnight hour, times when I felt there was no way out... you heard me and delivered me. Lord, with all of my heart I thank you. I ask that you would continue to show me how to trust in you no matter what may come my way. Your grace and love is indescribable and I will forever worship you with a heart of gratitude. I pray you would show others the same like you've show me Lord- how you have unfailing love for us. All of this I ask, in Jesus Name. Amen.



Thank you for visiting today! I pray this entry has encouraged you to move forward in your journey for the Lord. Please take a moment and visit my website www.kennisha-hill.com. My first book Simply Wisdom was just released and is now available for purchase. You can order a print copy or an e-book. I pray it blesses you tremendously!

Blessings to you today,
Kennisha Hill

2 comments:

lynnmosher said...

Hey, sweet one! Great post! I loved it mainly because Psalm 107 is truly one of my favorite psalms. Thanks so much for sharing your heart. May the Lord bless you in all you do!

conarnold said...

Thank you for the encouragement of your post and sharing this Psalm!