Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reminders of His Grace on our lives


I used to say that the only person to bring back memories of painful experiences was satan. After all, why in the world would God remind me of what was once an agonizing pain in my life? Well, just recently I've come to realize that the enemy, satan, is not always the one who can bring back thoughts of hurtful things that we experienced. Sometimes, we re-experience those emotions as a reminder how God brought us through.

You know how when you're worshiping God and you cry an extra tear just because you clearly remember where God had brought you from? Or, you can't help but raise your hands in thanks for how the Lord delivered you? These feelings aren't stirred up to cause depression.... but they are resurfacing temporarily to remind you of who God is in your life and to validate the thought that "If God can Do it then... He can Do it Now!"

I recently had one of the most beautiful experiences in my life so far- the birth of my precious daughter, Kerissa. Although this was certainly a life changing experience, the birthing part of her arrival was bitter-sweet for me. My labor was induced, which I expected, but what I didn't expect was to be induced using the same drug that was used after I had my first miscarriage in 2005. I was devastated to experience child loss- and my testimony expands to experiencing two others. But the first one was very traumatic and the overwhelming pain I experienced at home was borderline unbearable. This pain revisited me as my doctor explained what we'd use to induce my labor. I did not want to use it, but, was prepared to give the okay should the other method of induction didn't work. It didn't... and so we move forward with option A.

I cried an overflowing of tears because I couldn't help but remember what happened a good almost four years ago. I was reminded of that unbearable pain.

However... when I birthed my daughter, I was reminded of God's grace and about how he heard my prayers and blessed my husband and I with two beautiful children- healthy and vibrant children!

Then I realized that God is amazing in how he does hear our cries and that even if that pain is revisited temporarily, it's to remind us of who He is in our lives and that how our weeping may endure for a night, but joy will come in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)

This is what the Lord is teaching me right now- endurance with Faith as He reminds me of His grace. I'm learning that Faith is something that we will always need more growth in. We are always going through- though some trials are greater than others. But, the trials we endure will only help us to grow stronger in our Faith and endure these things like a soldier. (2 Timothy 2:3)

Let this post be a reminder that we serve an incredible God who has the very best for his children. We don't understand everything we go through, but God knows. We can't comprehend every hurt and pain... but God does. And, he can give us the strength and ability to endure whatever hardship we are facing like a soldier.

Thank you for visiting today! I pray this entry has encouraged you to move forward in your journey for the Lord. Please take a moment and visit my website www.kennisha-hill.com. My first book Simply Wisdom was just released and is now available for purchase. You can order a print copy or an e-book. I pray it blesses you tremendously!

Blessings to you today,
Kennisha Hill

4 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Good word! Reminds me of the song...Lord, don't move my mountain, but give me the strength to climb. Glad I dropped by!

Kimberly Cash Tate said...

Oh, Kennisha, the pain you went through just breaks my heart. Praise God that you're able to see His grace and faithfulness in your life. I'm rejoicing with you in the birth of your beautiful baby girl! May God's blessings continue to overflow your life.

Pamela U. McKinney said...

Soldier Hill, I was blessed by your testimony, and I am so excited about your family...what a blessing - I sense there is a LOT of love in the Hill Household. Blessings on you, and your family.

Pamela McKinney

LisaShaw said...

I am weeping for the babies you lost and all the pain you and your husband went through and I am rejoicing for the blessings of the two you have hear with you and the fact that you will see your two babies in glory again one day.

GOD has strengthened your heart through this and intensified your faith. You are a precious soul and I'm so blessed to know you.

Powerful testimony and message of WHO OUR GOD IS!!!