Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Personal Testimony


Those who read my blog yesterday, may remember the scripture I posted; 2 Samuel 22:1-3. That scripture and song I included in yesterday's post, was in my spirit. Yesterday was an incredible day of worship for me. Today, I pray for the same. Well, I had to set aside yesterday to fully seek the Lord for somethings for my family and I.

Many don't know this, but my husband travels with his job. He's a mortgage counselor/ manager. He travels to counsel clients on their mortgages and potentially help reduce their monthly payments and prevent foreclosure. It's an incredible job that takes a person like my husband (who's very patient) to do it. Well, on his job, as with most jobs in corporate America, they were stiffing him on the pay end. They gave him a company Blackberry, credit card and put him in very exclusive hotels when he travels, but would stiff he and his coworkers on their pay. Needless to say, this brought us to our knees to seek God for direction on whether he should stay or leave to look for something else. We weren't 100% clear on what to do, so we stood still (I say "We" because my husband and I are one and we stand and agree together on this.)

Well, he was off for a few weeks (vacation + paternity leave) to help out a bit at home with the kids. Monday he returned back to work- only to get the news that he will have to leave for Chicago sooner than we thought. I wasn't too surprised (since they have a reputation of spur of the moment trips). So, I just prepared to be with the little ones on my own for about a week. This brought on extreme frustration. So, I prayed with my mother (thank God for godly mother's who still pray for their grown children) and afterward, I spend the rest of the day in prayer and worship.

Have you ever prayed and just didn't know what to pray- but your tears alone said it all?

But, look at God.

Later that day, my husband calls from his cell with some pretty incredible news. They gave him a pay raise- and it was needed, but unexpected at that moment. But what's so amazing is how Kellus and I just did an overview of our finances and wrote out a number of how much more would be helpful for us. That is the exact amount of increase he received.

Isn't God, awesome?

Y'all (here I go with the slang), God answers prayer. He hears our cries, even when we think he doesn't. So, I admonish you today to keep praying and trusting in the Lord. I promise he is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we can ask or think (Ephesians 3:20).

Keep praying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. (Mark 11:24)

Praying this has encouraged you today! Thanks for Visiting! Share the word of Jesus Christ today.

Blessings,
Kennisha Hill
http://www.kennisha-hill.com | http://kennishahill.blogspot.com

3 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
I plan on purchasing your book if I ever take a minute to do it. I'm self publishing soon with Lulu also.

Christian Mommy Writer said...

This is a great testimony! God certainly answers prayer and will provide a ram in the bush when you need one.

Thanks for sharing!

quietspirit said...

Kennisha:
This is one POWERFUL testimony.