Thursday, July 16, 2009

Prayer Journal


1 Thessalonians 5:14-17 (KJV)
14Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.15See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16Rejoice evermore. 17Pray without ceasing.

Lately, the Lord has been speaking to me about unselfish prayers. It's so important to pray for yourself and your families, but it's just as important for us to pray for others as well. Prayer is such a crucial part of our relationship with the Lord. It's how we communicate with Him. I don't know about you, but after my time in prayer, I am much more calm and at ease about any situation I am in. It's just so incredibly refreshing to go before the throne of Grace with a sincere heart- with the intent to Worship Him, and not always ask for something. But, the Lord does say to ask and and present our needs to Him. With that said, he has been speaking to me about starting a prayer journal. God confirmed this for me after two good friends and women of God started taking prayer request publicly.

My good friend and EEW Magazine Editor-in-Chief, Dianna Hobbs started "Thoughtful Thursdays" on her blog. There she takes prayer request and post them publicly so we can all stand and agree together. And, good friend and author Tracey Lewis-Giggetts started the Facebook Prayer Warriors. And every Tuesday at 1pm EDT (12n central, 11am Mtn, and 10am PDT) we stop what we are doing and we pray. Both of these women have greatly inspired me- but more importantly, God used them to confirm what I need to do (what we all should be doing) and that's praying for others.

This prayer journal is a personal one for me, but, I certainly would love to add your prayers to my prayer journal. If you have a prayer request, please either respond to any post with it or send me an email at kennisha@kennisha-hill.com. I promise to go before the Lord with your request and stand in agreement with you. The bible does say where two or three come together in His name, that He is in the midst. And I know by testimony that the Lord hears our prayers and answers them.

As brothers and sisters, we should uplift each other and pray always!

Praying you have a wonderful weekend!

Warmly,
Kennisha Hill

6 comments:

Christian Mommy Writer said...

Great idea!

My husband keeps a prayer journal too. Whenever he runs across someone with a need, he writes it down in his book and prays for them until an answer comes. Whenever the prayer is answered, he crosses it off and moves on to the next.

You can never have too much prayer. Thanks for allowing the Lord to use you.

Faith Imagined said...

What a blessing! If you don't mind, pray for my sister's marriage. They are going through a rough patch.

LisaShaw said...

You're precious sweet one. This is a very important area for my personal life and always has been. I do prayers on my blog as well. Did one just a bit ago today.

The power of intercession is a beautiful gift to each other. The privilege to lay at the feet of Jesus in prayer...I have no words only the Holy Spirit knows how I feel about that precious privilege.

I'm praying for you and your family even now. Love you.

Serving Christ said...

Great job with this Kennisha!!

Kennisha Hill said...

@Faith Imagined, Yes I will certainly pray for your sister's marriage! I'm going to be sure to write that in my prayer journal. Thanks for sending the request. I'm touching and agreeing with you!

Prayers and Blessings,
Kennisha

Kennisha Hill said...

Thank you all for such wonderful comments! Prayer is so essential to our relationship with the Lord. And, I know God has personally called me to intercede for others. I am jumping back on the bandwagon!

Everyone have a wonderful week-end!

Blessings,
Kennisha