Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Roll your sleeves up and get to work!



One of my favorite parts in the Disney movie "Beauty and the Beast" is when the candle stick, tea pots and other utensils got up and started cooking and cleaning on their own, while singing the song "Be Our Guest". If you love Disney movies, then I'm sure the song is ringing through your head right about now. It's really cute. However, if that only was a reality, huh?

Some day's I just want to sit still and watch my work magically get up and do stuff on it's own. Oh, if only my broom would get up and sweep or my dishes would magically wash themselves. And, I'd absolutely love it if my new book, Simply Wisdom, could get up, make copies of itself and land on the desk of all the bookstores, radio stations and television shows in the Dallas-Forth Worth area. Seriously, my life would be much easier that way. (Sigh). Sadly, life is far from Disney World.

Yesterday, as I was sending out my press release to a few businesses, it all dawned on me. Sometimes you just have to work really hard- I mean, get down and dirty.

You see, it's super easy to say that we believe God for success without putting much effort into what God wants us to do. But, faith is much more than just believing...it's stepping out there and acting like we believe. Scripture says Faith without works is dead (James 2:20). We must put some kind of hard work into what we believe will manifest.

I had to realize that if I want this book to get into the hands of those God has destined for it to read it, then I have to make sure I do my part by spreading the word. I can't just scream "By my book!!!" and expect it to happen. Do you see what I'm saying? I have to work and believe.

God wants us to work hard and with excellence in our service to Him. Serving God in excellence will only bring you to a better place of fulfillment- both spiritually and successfully.

Believe...but work hard too and you'll begin to see the benefit!


Thank you for visiting "The Ready Writer". Blessings to you this week!

Pre-Order your copy of "Simply Wisdom: Empowerment for Your Purpose" for only $10.00 before January 23rd! Get this encouraging devotional today!

Vew my sidebar on this blog to Pre-Order your copy!

http://kennishahill.blogspot.com/
http://kennisha-hill.com Visit to Pre-Order your copy for $10.00 before 1/23!!!

No comments: