Monday, March 1, 2010

Devotional: More Love / Book Reviews

Matthew 24:12 "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,"


With almost every reaction I have towards anything, God has been asking me "Is this operating in Love?" I think what's happening is, because there is such a love lost these days, God wants to make sure we're mindful of the 2nd greatest Commandment. 


I'm sure we can all look around us and see just how cold love has gotten. The bible speaks of this in Matthew 24:12. People are killing people for no reason. People have no concept of real love because of their selfishness. I honestly believe now more than ever we should all pray and ask God to show us how to operate more effectively in Christ love. 


Today, I challenge you to pray and ask God to fill you with more of his love. Allow the scripture in 
1 Corinthians 13 to be more than just black ink on white pages. Hide God's word in your heart so that you won't sin against Him (Psalms 119:11).


Before you react, ask yourself if your reaction is one of love! We should strive to love because He first loved us!






Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this devotional has blessed you today. Have a blessed week in our Lord Jesus Christ!

Warmly,
Kennisha Hill
Author & Speaker| http://kennisha-hill.homestead.com 


****************


Book Reviews!


My dear sweet friends, I'm pleased to announce to you that beginning this month, I am going to write book reviews. Every month, I am going to write a review (or two if I have time) of some incredible fiction and non-fiction books. Just recently, Thomas Nelson selected me to be one of their book reviewers. I'm so excited they chose The Ready Writer as a place where they trust I can share an honest review about their books! 


I'm going to write a schedule very soon and post them up to let you know which book reviews I'll have coming up. I absolutely love to read fiction books that will pull me in and non-fiction books that will encourage and/or challenge me to be a better woman. More importantly, I am truly blessed by writers who have a desire to motivate other's to know God and live a life of full abundance in Him!


Writers:
If you're a writer who's looking for a book review and would like to submit your book to me, please send me an email at kennisha@kennisha-hill.com and I would love to help promote your book for you!


If you're looking for a great book to read, I've got the goods for you right here!!!


Blessings in Christ,
Kennisha Hill

1 comment:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm glad you'll be doing some book reviews here; I love personal insight from people I trust! How are you? I hope all is going well with the book and the many new endeavors God is placing in your path. He has entrusted you with an awesome ministry to others, Kennisha. I feel so honored to call you friend and sojourner on the road of grace.

peace~elaine