Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Remember who He is

I woke up from a horrifying dream early this morning; a dream that instantly prompted me to pray. And so, I did. But immediately after, as I begin to lay my head for a few more hours of sleep, God softly spoke to me. He said, "Do not be afraid, because I am the Lord your God who keepeth thee." Now, if you knew the dream I had- of two devastating catestrophies happening in the United States- you'd wake up shaking too. I could feel my body trembling in fear. But again, his soft sweet voice whispered to me, "Do not be afraid, because I am the Lord your God who keepeth thee." 


I was honestly blown away by the sweet yet intense voice I heard. When I finally got up and was about my day, I searched for scriptures that sounded like what God told me. As I read a few scriptures, I was reminded again of who God is to me. He is my protector; my shield. And so, I don't have to be afraid.


Today, I'd like to encourage you to remember who God is. If you let him be Lord of your life and the savior of your soul and your shepherd, he will protect, guide, lead, heal, deliver, restore, save, comfort, strengthen, and provide for you. His word thoroughly outlines who he is to us. We're blessed to have such a great reminder.


Just trust and believe.


Psalm 3:3
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.


I pray that God would reveal himself to you more and more; that he will open your eyes to see the loving and compassionate God that he is and that he loves you more that anyone else ever has or can. I pray that you'll see the beauty of God's holiness and faithfulness and commit to living a life that aligns with his word. In that lifestyle, there is safety and all of the many promises God faithfully keeps for his children. Rest in that. In Jesus Name. Amen.





Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this devotional has blessed you today. Have a blessed week in our Lord Jesus Christ!

Warmly,
Kennisha Hill
Author & Speaker| http://kennisha-hill.com

2 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

He keepeth me as well! How thankful I am for the peace of Christ that comes to us in the night to speak a kind, reassuring word to our weary souls.

So dependable and faithful is our God.

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

It was God, I had a terrifying last night and read a message of God's faithfulness in Emergency to His people this morning, so something is coming, many pastors have prophecied it but we are not to fear.