Saturday, May 8, 2010

Comfortable on my own path!

I had a very rich conversation with a sweet friend of mine, Kim Cash Tate, who is also a phenomenal writer and author with Thomas Nelson (the largest Christian publishing house).  I just love it when people are down to earth and there for you when you really need the encouragement. I was feeling a little apprehensive about my writing journey and the soon-coming release of my debut novel Awakened. But, boy did her words quench my thirst!

The Lord really used Kim to minister to me on the phone, in a very dynamic way. She reminded me of her testimony and how she had no idea what the Lord had in store for her. You can read more about Kim and her testimony by visiting her website here.

What I took from our timely talk, was that I should embrace my own journey as a writer and not veer to the left or to the right behind someone else's.

You see,

Facebook, Myspace, Twitter... all of these social sites are sweet for networking and marketing. But, it can become a little distracting and borderline discouraging when you constantly see people's status updates, thoughts, goals being accomplished...etc. Know what I mean? You can easily start to feel as if you're not doing too much or like you should be following in their shoes in order to get somewhere.

Well, let me give you a quick newsflash.

Your path is your own! You're not going to make it the same way someone else did. That was a hard pill for me to swallow because I honestly love to learn from others. I'm very teachable and that's very crucial in the writing/publishing industry. However, thoughts, ideas, cares... we should cast them on the Lord (Psalm 55:22).

I also love this scripture in 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

The Lord doesn't want us to feel anxiety about the road he has designated exclusively for us. When he formed and shaped us in our mother's womb, he did it with a great purpose for us. And the only way we can completely fulfill the set purpose he has destined for us is to get comfortable with our own path.

Embrace it.
Love it.
Be grateful for it
And walk in it!



Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this devotional has blessed you today. Have a blessed week in our Lord Jesus Christ!

Warmly,
Kennisha Hill | http://kennisha-hill.com 
Email me kennisha@kennisha-hill.com

2 comments:

Christian Art and Design said...

Everyone has a purpose and their own path. I left a comment on your FB profile as well. It is hard to try to fix in somebody else's box, AND it doesn't work, noone cn tell your story, but you... I used to get sooo discouraged, looking at alla my friends lives and walk and wondering what in the world God was doing with me. I mean no fruit, but once you get offa the comparison roller coaster, you learn to embrace His will and way for your life, no two flowers are the same. It is hard but necessary lesson to learn. For example, timing was huge for me, my message is a timing one, and people may not be ready to recieve it in certain places yet, so God is changing me and the people so when it is time, His purposes will be accomplished. Be blessed.

Kimberly Cash Tate said...

So moved by your post, Kennisha...wow! It was such a blessing to be able to finally chat with you by phone. I knew from email and social media that we were like-minded in our love for the Lord and our desire to follow Him, but I saw it all the more through talking to you. What a blessing that the Lord used something I said to encourage you. I KNOW God will lead you in the way you should go. You seek Him, and you have to believe that He will establish His purposes.

As you keep your eyes on Him (we all fall prey to looking too much at others on FB and Twitter :)), He will keep you in perfect peace. Praying His blessings upon you. Love you, sis!