Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tuesday Devotional, May 25, 2010

Walking After His Lead

My 11month old, Kerissa, started walking when she was 9 months old. If you could see her petite little self trying to run after her brother. It is really the most adorable thing. For a little while, she did what we called the Frankenstein walk. It was so wibbly-wobbly.

Then, it was the trip-over-everything walk. She tripped over carpet. And now that she's almost one and has been doing this for a while now, she feels she is a pro. She waves her little hands in the air... and can walk backwards. When she runs after her brother now, she can cut corners quickly- almost without thinking about it.

I've watched her cut around her high-chair, her brother's table...and many other things that she otherwise would have ran right into if she was still learning how to walk. But now, her memory is active and can work together with her little legs to ensure she trots around without bumping into things.

This leaves me completely amazed at how God has designed our brain and legs to work together. Without us verbally saying Go-Go-Gadget-Legs, our brain quietly sends the signal to it to get up and get moving...and without us bumping into things. Isn't that cool?

Well, I believe this is exactly the same type of connection we should have with the Holy Spirit when it comes to him leading our lives. We shouldn't have to think so hard about decisions... choices. Our connection should be go great that we immediately can discern what road is meant for us to walk on. We should immediately know how to follow his lead.

Remember, the Holy Spirit can give us the ability to discern what is right or wrong for our path. Today, I encourage you to pray for a deeper connection with him. And then, just let him lead. It should be as easy as toddler who is just learning how to walk. If we truly let him lead, we'll avoid many mess-ups and stumbling blocks along our way.

Isaiah 48:17 "This is what the LORD says—
       your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
       "I am the LORD your God,
       who teaches you what is best for you,
       who directs you in the way you should go."


Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this devotional has blessed you today!

Prayers and Blessings,
Kennisha Hill | http://kennisha-hill.com

3 comments:

covnitkepr1 said...

I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

Lloyd said...

What an inspiring message. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

Christian Mommy Writer said...

Well amen to that. I love the analogy!