Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Your Story is Unfolding

There is something about the art of story-telling that fascinates me. Words that are carefully woven together to create a beautiful story of hope, love, inspiration, romance...they really move me. So far in my writing journey, I've met remarkable story-tellers. People who don't just write words and leave them hanging.

Instead, they embrace their words.
And their words empower.


Whether they write short-stories, novels, memoirs, or even their testimonials in magazine articles. A person's story, fiction or nonfiction, carries passion, emotion and can bring forth many things like...

healing
redemption
hope
faith
love
inspiration

I'm currently working on my 2nd novel, the sequel to Awakened. (Awakened releases July 27th). Well yesterday, as I was working on another chapter, my husband curiously asked me how it's going.

"I'm fascinated with the way the story unfolds as I'm writing it. I love how that's happening."

While many authors decide to write an outline to help guide their book, I've decided to take a little more of a free route and discover where the story is headed while I'm writing it. This is how my story is unfolding. A little later on I get to an outline. But, for now it's all free flowing.

And then the Lord reminded me of something this morning.

We may not see exactly how our life stories are unfolding. After all, we were not given an outline to guide us. But, what he does promise is that if we acknowledge him, he will guide us.

Proverbs 3:6
"In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path."

You see, we all have a unique story. It may not be written into a book. It may not turn into the next best film. But, it does serve a purpose on earth. Our stories, our testimonies, can help others while they walk on their journey's. They can help bring things like...


healing
redemption
hope
faith
love
inspiration

The word of our testimony's are powerful and gives believer's a tool to witness to other's about the love of Jesus Christ. About his grace. About how they can receive redemption too.

Today, I'd like to encourage you not to feel as if you don't matter- or as if your story isn't as important as anyone else's. It is. And more than you are probably aware of, it is touching somebody else's life!

Embrace your story. And let God lead you as you go!

Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer. I pray this devotional has blessed you today. Have a blessed week in our Lord Jesus Christ!

Warmly,
Kennisha Hill | http://kennisha-hill.com 
Email me kennisha@kennisha-hill.com

No comments: