Friday, September 10, 2010

Finding the Right Place

My husband and I have been house-hunting the past couple of months. We've seen house after house  both by online search engines and exploring with our Realtor. We found a great house, just a few Saturday's ago, that was exactly the amount of space that we need for our expanding family. We are expecting our third little blessing, due to arrive in January. And, once we got pregnant, we knew we would need to explore the option of better living arrangements (a much bigger home) once the lease on our two-bedroom apartment was up. And so, we've been on the hunt.

Just recently, my husband sent me an email from work where he asked me to rank everything concerning the house, from location to square footage. And so, that really made me think very carefully. You see, when you're looking for a house, you want the location to be a good one, the amenities to be great, square footage to be exactly what you need and you even factor in distance from shopping, local grocery stores, church, family, ect. All of these things matters a great deal to us. But, it got me thinking. Would we really find something that has everything we want in it- or will we have to compromise with at least one of those?

Does the distance really matter, if everything else is perfect? Can we really find that right place?

This made me think about finding that right place in other areas of our lives; relationships, careers, etc. Sometimes as we move forward in life, it's really easy to seek perfection. And, while the ball is spinning and things just doesn't seem perfect, we easily give up and move forward without trying a little harder at it or completely trusting in the Lord.

I know I can be guilty of that sometimes.

Allow me to be a little transparent with you for a second. I'm currently working on the sequel to Awakened. And, I'm half way through. But there are days when it just looks like such a drag to write anything. Some days, I'm on a constant flow. Going from chapter to chapter in a matter of less than an hour. But, other days, getting that other chapter out just seems impossible. Though my situation makes it a bit challenging- being a stay-at-home mommy to two toddlers, still it pulls at me like a thorn in my side sometimes when I can't get in that constant flow...in that right place to get it done.

Do you ever feel that way?

To me this is a simple lesson in trusting God in all areas or places we are in our lives. Whether we're looking for a home, or are working on a project that just doesn't seem to be piecing itself together. God is perfectly able to guide us in the right direction (place) for us to do exactly what he needs us to do. And, this is even true if you are house-hunting too. He knows the place that is just right for us.

So, fast forwarding a little, I'd like to share that my husband and I was led to that 'right place' for us and we will be moving in very soon! Everything has been approved, by God's grace, and we are now officially packing to move into our new home. And get this, this place meets everything I asked for in a house- from hardwood floors to new appliances.

The sequel? Well, what the Lord showed me was that it will get done at the right time and that he'll grant me those still moments I need. But, again, I should trust that the same way the first one was completed, this one will too. So, I shouldn't fret or worry about what the situation looks like with my own eyes.... but that God is able.

And let me tell you, if you knew what our situation "looked-like" while we were house-hunting, you'd know that it really was God's grace and favor to bless us the way he has. I'm literally in awe of his goodness to us.

I'd like to encourage you today to just trust in the Lord- fully and without reservation. When we do that, He activates an unexplainable peace in our lives and then shows us exactly who he is. He is truly gracious. Trust him and let him take you to that right place.

Thank you for visiting The Ready Writer! I pray you have a wonderful weekend!

Warmly,
Kennisha Hill
Author, Speaker & Literary Coach | Writing to Inspire, Literary Coaching | Website

2 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I felt like I was watching an episode of House Hunters on HGTV (believe me, I've been watching a ton of them lately). I'm so excited that you are moving into a place that will meet your specific and exact needs. Our God is a "right on time" God, and I pray that you will be blessed with this new home and new addition to your family.

You're right... God is faithful to direct us according to his good plan and purposes for our lives. I've known his rich favor and blessing in recent days; we also made a move this summer to a new church. And while it has, initially, unnerved us, it has now become a huge blessing to us. We're seeing God's hands all over our hearts and lives in a way we could have never imagined even a couple of months ago.

How thankful I am for an active God who is heavily invested in my life.

He is good.

peace~elaine

Mandy said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I think it's incredible that He gives us the desires of our hearts, right down to the hardwood floors we crave!

Blessings on your new home and the soon to be newest addition to your family!