Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Balancing Act Part 1: Saying Yes

Dear Friends,

It has been months since I have blogged. I've missed you dearly. So much has been going on in my life. This pregnancy has been a wild ride for me, it seems. From previously dealing with high blood pressure when I was postpartum with my daughter (who is now about 16 months old) to dealing with very low blood pressure the 2nd trimester in this pregnancy. And then the big move into our new house, getting adjusted and trying to squeeze in writing for the sequel of my novel Awakened that's entitled "Uncovered" as well as for my new columns the Lord has graciously given me the opportunity to write for. It has been B-U-S-Y over here. But, I'm writing with a grateful heart with everything the Lord has and is doing in my life. I'm seven months along with a baby girl and am praying through the rest of this pregnancy and for a healthy baby and mommy after delivery in January.

I'm working on creating a blogging schedule. At one point I was blogging pretty consistently...more like every day. One of the things I love most about blogging is how candid and transparent I can be here. Most importantly, it's an avenue the Lord created for writers to share...and it's even better when we can share messages of hope, inspiration, biblical encouragement and funny stories with the world. I miss that. So, today I'm going to begin again with hopes that I can be consistent with a realistic schedule!

On to today's blog-post.

Lately, God has been showing me just how much he is guiding my writing career. A few years ago,  I honestly would have never thought I'd be where I am today.

You see, when I was a little girl, writing flowed through my veins. I wrote my own little books, poems and stories. I dreamed of writing and publishing real books. And when I got older, I wanted to write and publish in magazines. I wanted my own column and everything. Well, I had absolutely no idea that the Lord was preparing me at an early age with that thirst. Because now, some 20 something years later, that's exactly where God has me.

Writing books and writing for magazines. It's really an honor and a privilege to serve the Lord with my pen. But I tell you what, I never thought I'd be writing about what I'm writing about today.

Me? A relationship expert? Nah!

Right now, God has graced me with the opportunity to write for Empowering Everyday Women (EEW) Magazine as the Love and Relationship Columnist. Never in a million years did I think I'd be the one writing a love column. Quite honestly, the thought still makes me chuckle sometimes.

After all of the bad relationships I've been in, crazy mistakes I've made and what seemed like no sense of direction while I was single, I honestly did not think I'd ever be that person to help anyone else in their singleness. But, after my book Awakened released, the Lord presented the opportunity from a dear friend, who later shared how she knew this was a divine set up. The topics and articles the Lord gives me to share is totally all him. And, I never mind being transparent with what God has taught me through the various trials/ experiences I've had. But beyond that, I pray and constantly seek the Lord's wisdom so I can share real in-depth words that can help bring healing, direction, and redemption to those who thirst for it. It is always so the Lord Jesus can be glorified.

And not only that, I'm constantly seeing how the Lord is creating a special road for me. It's certainly not my doing because I'm always in a state of shock and awe when I get certain emails from incredible women of God about writing opportunities. I mean, again, the Lord leaves me speechless and yet I know it's all kingdom work so that Christ can be glorified. And so I just willfully accept my mission and say, "Lord, where you lead, I'll follow."

I used to think that a "relationship expert" was a ridiculous title. Who could tell me anything about my personal life? Who knows relationship's that well? And I felt like most people who call themselves that were only trying to seduce millions out of their time and money. Sad, but I really thought that way.

Well now that some give me that title (though I beg people to not call me an expert because Lord knows I'm not) I can understand the need for real, authentic but most importantly biblically sound counselors who are really given that job to help. It is a calling. Why? Because the Lord cares deeply about those who need healing, help and redemption from past or current relationship issues. And yes, there are those who have the capability of providing such encouragement.

That's the way I look at it. And if God has called me for such a mission, my answer, yet again is "Lord, where ever you lead, I will follow"... even if I sometimes I feel unworthy of it.

My encouragement to you today is to never second-guess God's plan for your own life. You really have no idea what he has lined up for you. But the key is to seek him, commit your life to him and trust him. All three of those things are certainly doable. And it takes discipline and dying to your flesh daily... you know, the fleshy part of you that tries to distract, detour and entangle you with all sorts of things to prevent you from moving forward. Ignore all of that. Just follow the holy spirit's leading and watch where he takes you.

If you're interested in reading my column in EEW Magazine, please visit http://buzz.eewmagazine.com/love. To catch up on previous articles, please visit my website http://kennisha-hill.com.

I also blog for Hope for Women Magazine, which is another incredible opportunity that was sent my way. You can read my latest blog here.

And lastly, this sequel is coming along great. I've had such incredible feedback from Awakened. I really appreciate those who have purchased and were blessed by it. The sequel will touch on subjects that are very near and dear to my heart. Such topics are:

Adoption
Forgiveness
Honesty
Betrayal 
Trust

I'll be sharing a synopsis with you very soon. In the meantime, Awakened is currently for sale for only $4.00 as PDF e-book download. You can order a copy by visiting my website http://kennisha-hill.com. If you've already read it, I'd love it if you could post a review on Amazon.com HERE. You can also purchase a hard copy from Amazon.com from that link as well.

God's grace sustains us. I pray that you continue to remember that and keep seeking God about what he wants our of your life. He's given you a purpose and wants you to respond to the call.

Stay tuned for the next blog-post entitled "The Balancing Act Part 2: Saying No".
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!

Warmly,
Kennisha

2 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

My goodness! You ARE busy and I won't ask how you do it because I know it's because of the grace of God.
I use to blog more frequently also, but now it's twice a week. I have so many blogs, it's crazy!

I use to put pressure on myself to blog, but I try to remember that the stress in my life is mostly self inflicted. Auuuugh!

Take care of YOU!

LaKeisha Rainey-Collins said...

Love this, Kennisha!